Marie Knight, Thats No Way To Treat A Girl

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

now you mention it, Harry, i am sure that the 70s reissue (or is it a boot) is slightly different... i am not suggesting that's what Andy played (was prob some one off thing),

i`d never heard the version andy played that night dave, didn`t know about the 70`s re-issue being different either thanks for the info dave, anybody else know anything about this?

Social source share

i`d never heard the version andy played that night dave, didn`t know about the 70`s re-issue being different either thanks for the info dave, anybody else know anything about this?

heard a version with different intro,pretty sure it was on a kent lp comp from years back.

Social source share

Hi everybody, when i used to run the melodies soul nights in york, we had the pleasure of having andy rix guesting for us one night, and i`m sure he played an alternative mix to the more recognised version, can anyone give me any info etc on this, thanks in advance-HARRY

Harry, yeah with the additional fast intro before the opening bars. Always asumed it was taken from original masters or just re-mixed but it's not a legitimate release on 45 is it? Think it was on the Goldmine CD Big City Soul Vol 4 with all the Scepter, Wand & Musicor stuff which also included Platters version of Johnny Hampton. Think it was also released on a Goldmine reissue 45.

Regards

Jorge

Social source share

Harry, yeah with the additional fast intro before the opening bars. Always asumed it was taken from original masters or just re-mixed but it's not a legitimate release on 45 is it? Think it was on the Goldmine CD Big City Soul Vol 4 with all the Scepter, Wand & Musicor stuff which also included Platters version of Johnny Hampton. Think it was also released on a Goldmine reissue 45.

Regards

Jorge

cheers jorge, hope your well? think if i remember rightly and ive only heard it the once, the intro kicks in again after the first verse ,or something like that

Social source share

Hi everybody, when i used to run the melodies soul nights in york, we had the pleasure of having andy rix guesting for us one night, and i`m sure he played an alternative mix to the more recognised version, can anyone give me any info etc on this, thanks in advance-HARRY

Without having heard the version Andy played, it would almost certainly be the longer version that Kent released on one of their early albums.

Social source share

Without having heard the version Andy played, it would almost certainly be the longer version that Kent released on one of their early albums.

I think the Kent 45 that came out in the 80s had the alternative take with the different intro too ...

Social source share

i've got it somewhere but can't find it at mo - couldn't even tell you what label - when i find it i'll put sound file and scan up.

dont't know who by but it definitely got played at wigan :rolleyes:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

There are other alternate takes of TNWTTAG, too, including a slightly slower one. I included one (or maybe two) of these on "Bluesoul Belles Vol. 2 - Marie Knight & Judy Clay" which I did at Westside in 2001.

Think there are still some unreleased takes, to. Will check my CDRs later on and report back...

Social source share

There are other alternate takes of TNWTTAG, too, including a slightly slower one. I included one (or maybe two) of these on "Bluesoul Belles Vol. 2 - Marie Knight & Judy Clay" which I did at Westside in 2001.

Think there are still some unreleased takes, to. Will check my CDRs later on and report back...

thanks very much for the info tony :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert