Cobblestone - Trick Me, Treat Me

May E

Melvin Davis

Find A Quiet Place

Wheel City 1003

VG++

Vintage Detroit pounder was like a breadth of fresh air amongst the Muriel Day's, Cobblestone etc back in 1978. Again, condition is very strong for the gradation

pasted from Anglo American sales list, agree with the comment on Muriel Day BUT the Cobblestone track was great in its day and still is a storming dancer, defo was just right at the time!

Pete S - if you are reading this I know we discussed recently about whether or not this was booted, but I still have a vision of a blue label, booted as the Tempos - Love Me Like A Man :thumbsup:

Grant :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

May E

Melvin Davis

Find A Quiet Place

Wheel City 1003

VG++

Vintage Detroit pounder was like a breadth of fresh air amongst the Muriel Day's, Cobblestone etc back in 1978. Again, condition is very strong for the gradation

pasted from Anglo American sales list, agree with the comment on Muriel Day BUT the Cobblestone track was great in its day and still is a storming dancer, defo was just right at the time!

Pete S - if you are reading this I know we discussed recently about whether or not this was booted, but I still have a vision of a blue label, booted as the Tempos - Love Me Like A Man :thumbsup:

Grant :wicked:

Probably someones emidisc Grant.

I hated that Cobblestone track, and other crap played at the time like Wakefield Sun, The Priceless Gem, John Leach (Searling played it every week but I only ever met one person who liked it), John Drevars, Black Power etc

Social source share

Probably someones emidisc Grant.

I hated that Cobblestone track, and other crap played at the time like Wakefield Sun, The Priceless Gem, John Leach (Searling played it every week but I only ever met one person who liked it), John Drevars, Black Power etc

i wasin my dancefloor element then Pete, loved john drevars and john leach (was i the one who liked it lol) - cant remember The Priceless Gem though mate :thumbsup:

Edited by grant
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I heard John Drevars out a couple of months ago, and it sounded great.

The track has a special place in my heart, even though I dont play my copy at all. Hearing loud again was a nice memory jerker.

Social source share

I heard John Drevars out a couple of months ago, and it sounded great.

The track has a special place in my heart, even though I dont play my copy at all. Hearing loud again was a nice memory jerker.

didnt an awful version of it come out on destiny or something too Mikey?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

didnt an awful version of it come out on destiny or something too Mikey?

Pretty sure it did.

Maybe I was too young in 78, and I am pretty sure I didnt give a rats back then about the 60s v the 70s stuff but while Murial Day may be a carbunkle on the face of an old friend, the Cobblestones and JD are tracks that are lookers who can still do it 30 years on. :thumbsup:

Social source share

See I was right, it's horrendous isn't it..Alan Rhodes spin

alan used to do a great spot, played some excellent stuff, but he did slip in the odd bit of shite now and again, remember an LP track he used to play, got it somewhere, cant remember the name, but it was awful - sort of 70's semi-rock thing!! bit hall & oates -like. :thumbsup:

but he used to make up with playin the likes of the cautions, JD, legends, etc :wicked:

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

didnt rhodes use to play leslie dawson run for shelter on mercury and jackie forrester show me how to love both real shite

nowt wrong wi jackie forrest,or caleen anderegg(old jeanette harperc/u) from arount that time.

if we're being picky,wot about benzine,bobby goldsboro, paula parfitt,joey heatherton,helen shapiro

bobby paris,paul anka,peggy march,pauline mathews! etc. oops i've just named sam and j,manships playlist

from '77. didn't do those too any harm.i remember a top jock refusing to play benzine at a re-union night

few years ago, saying it was crap and he never played it back in the day!

i'm sure he did by the way, but the goes on to hammer joey de lorenzo,that awful kellogs cornflakes

advert soundalike.talk about pot and bleeding kettle.

if you were newish to the scene back then, and grew up with that type of sound, good or bad

it will have a special place in ur heart. i fooking love cobblestone,always have and always will,it was massive

and a great dancer.

Social source share

didnt rhodes use to play leslie dawson run for shelter on mercury and jackie forrester show me how to love both real shite

correct, he did and i love the leslie dawson track :lol: pretty hard to come by these days

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

correct, he did and i love the leslie dawson track :lol: pretty hard to come by these days

is this THE les dawson? a mate around 78 played a les dawson track and was gonna cover it up.

was old style gritty dancer,prob sounds shite now, but ok then

Social source share

is this THE les dawson? a mate around 78 played a les dawson track and was gonna cover it up.

was old style gritty dancer,prob sounds shite now, but ok then

:lol: nah LESLIE Dawson is female - she's the one on the left!!!

post-536-1242215097_thumb.jpg

Edited by grant
Social source share

Guest inspirations001

:lol: nah LESLIE Dawson is female

:lol::lol: so somewhere out there, there is a LES dawson tune to be played!

could cover it up as cobblestone feat joey de lorenzo! would go big!

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Always have liked Treat Me Treat me although some consider it crap, was talking to a mate last night who just pick it up on a buy it now for $40 as it was listed as the B side...missed that one..bugger.

KTF

Baz

May E

Melvin Davis

Find A Quiet Place

Wheel City 1003

VG++

Pete S - if you are reading this I know we discussed recently about whether or not this was booted, but I still have a vision of a blue label, booted as the Tempos - Love Me Like A Man :thumbup:

Grant wink.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Kin Hell...and l thought Village Of Tears was bad!!

Blow it up,Sergeant!! :unsure:

Like the Xmas edition of Page three, I blistered many a palm to this.

Cracking tune. Just thinking of the clapping at Yate sends the hairs up on the back of my neck.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert