Lou Pride Intrumental Track

Guest Nik Mak

Guest Nik Mak

Need some info peeps. I played at the Railway club last night and Shay the other guest spun a tune that knocked my socks off. It was an instrumental cover of Lou Pride's 'I'm coming home in the morning' complete with jazzy piano and funky Hammond organ. Really need to know who it is ,what label it's on & the price! Any help would be much appreciated Shay's off to Panama for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Budgie

Need some info peeps. I played at the Railway club last night and Shay the other guest spun a tune that knocked my socks off. It was an instrumental cover of Lou Pride's 'I'm coming home in the morning' complete with jazzy piano and funky Hammond organ. Really need to know who it is ,what label it's on & the price! Any help would be much appreciated Shay's off to Panama for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him. :thumbsup:

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home backed with better instrumental version of your love is fading.The strange world of Northern Soul indeed!!

On Glo-lite not expensive about £20 should secure one

Social source share

Need some info peeps. I played at the Railway club last night and Shay the other guest spun a tune that knocked my socks off. It was an instrumental cover of Lou Pride's 'I'm coming home in the morning' complete with jazzy piano and funky Hammond organ. Really need to know who it is ,what label it's on & the price! Any help would be much appreciated Shay's off to Panama for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him. :thumbup:

southwind symphony Nik. real cheapy Glolite label prob about £6 - £10 £20 (ammended after reading other posts :thumbsup: )

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Guest Budgie

Just been on Manship's

He's down to his last few and is banging them out at £20

Pete

Edited by Budgie
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home backed with better instrumental version of your love is fading.The strange world of Northern Soul indeed!!

On Glo-lite not expensive about £20 should secure one

Thanks Budgie managed to get the relevant info & get a copy in the space of 5 minutes! :thumbup: The power of SS! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

was dancing to lou pride the other year @ brid and someone had mixed this in with the vocal version which put me right off, but i must admit i do like it on its own.

kev

Live instruments will do that to ya. :thumbsup: Give me a beat box every time dead easy to mix then!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just been on Manship's

He's down to his last few and is banging them out at £20

Pete

Interesting that JM has had multiple copies - didn't it originally come through John in the first place? Initially as an expensive cover up and then for a cople of quid a go?

best,

RB

Social source share

Interesting that JM has had multiple copies - didn't it originally come through John in the first place? Initially as an expensive cover up and then for a cople of quid a go?

best,

RB

I don't remember it being covered up but I certainly bought it for about £1.25 about 1980/81, I always thought it was a bootleg to be honest as seems a strange combination.

Maybe John can shed some light.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Need some info peeps. I played at the Railway club last night and Shay the other guest spun a tune that knocked my socks off. It was an instrumental cover of Lou Pride's 'I'm coming home in the morning' complete with jazzy piano and funky Hammond organ. Really need to know who it is ,what label it's on & the price! Any help would be much appreciated Shay's off to Panama for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him. :shades:

I've seen loads of these on Ebay, always very cheap...

Ste.

Social source share

I don't remember it being covered up but I certainly bought it for about £1.25 about 1980/81, I always thought it was a bootleg to be honest as seems a strange combination.

Maybe John can shed some light.

Produced by Kenny Smith in Bill Glore's studios in Memphis in 1977. We purchased all the copies ever pressed which was if I remember right, about 1300. The first couple copies where sold at a higher price, once the load materialized we sold it at £1.25 which maybe gave collectors the impression it was a bootleg but it isn't.

The guy on the hammond and piano was at the time was in Al Greens backing band, and I've long since forgotten his name.

Glolite was Bill Glore's own label and is mostly local country music, in fact this maybe the only "soul" 45 on the label.

Just checked stock on this and apparently we don't have any left, it has been selling almost on a daily basis recently. So Pete Smith is ya man he's currenty selling it for a tenner.. i'd guess that is a real good price, as it'll never ever be found in america, 99% of the press came to the UK all those years ago.

Social source share

Produced by Kenny Smith in Bill Glore's studios in Memphis in 1977. We purchased all the copies ever pressed which was if I remember right, about 1300. The first couple copies where sold at a higher price, once the load materialized we sold it at £1.25 which maybe gave collectors the impression it was a bootleg but it isn't.

The guy on the hammond and piano was at the time was in Al Greens backing band, and I've long since forgotten his name.

Glolite was Bill Glore's own label and is mostly local country music, in fact this maybe the only "soul" 45 on the label.

Just checked stock on this and apparently we don't have any left, it has been selling almost on a daily basis recently. So Pete Smith is ya man he's currenty selling it for a tenner.. i'd guess that is a real good price, as it'll never ever be found in america, 99% of the press came to the UK all those years ago.

All the ones I've ever listed on here I've never sold - they do sell on ebay, sold one a couple of weeks back for 6 quid, bloomin hard record to sell

Social source share

there's a memphis seller on ebay mark mckie selling it as user memmem, he has some stock from somewhere, he has more than one.

Social source share

He has more than one of most things!

wink.gif

maybe i didn't get them all then, i thought i got all Kenny had at the time, maybe he held some back for local use. Anyhow I think 1300 was enough to be going on with at the time and on reflection it took me 32 years to sell out of them..

Great tune, and it's good to see it's being appreciated again.

Social source share

All the ones I've ever listed on here I've never sold - they do sell on ebay, sold one a couple of weeks back for 6 quid, bloomin hard record to sell

my first pricing of £6 - £10 was on the mark then Pete :thumbsup: I feel a little smug now as it's not often I get it right :wicked:

Social source share

Need some info peeps. I played at the Railway club last night and Shay the other guest spun a tune that knocked my socks off. It was an instrumental cover of Lou Pride's 'I'm coming home in the morning' complete with jazzy piano and funky Hammond organ. Really need to know who it is ,what label it's on & the price! Any help would be much appreciated Shay's off to Panama for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him. :rolleyes:

nick, can't believe you don't remember neil donkin playing this back at oakdale boys club! it was covered up as ramsey lewis, he bought it off JM for about £200 and i bought that copy off him for a couple of quid when all the other ones turned up! see ya saturday

gary

Social source share

nick, can't believe you don't remember neil donkin playing this back at oakdale boys club! it was covered up as ramsey lewis, he bought it off JM for about £200 and i bought that copy off him for a couple of quid when all the other ones turned up! see ya saturday

gary

are you Gary Samways that has a brother called Paul???? Kemp Welch?

Social source share

no cooky! you know me! that's if you're the mike cook from poole who used to go to wigan with us on steve carters mini bus

Gary, Dave's mate?

is this you circled?

post-11139-1242232069_thumb.jpg

post-11139-1242232069_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Thanks John got a copy for a couple of cheap trades so well happy. Thanks for the info. Personaly I think it's a stonking tune and should be played out more often. Atleast it gives me something to play instead of my original Lou Pride :rolleyes:

atb...

Social source share

yeah buddy! (exept you aint circled any one) that's me in the dodgy green bowling shirt! how ya doing mate?

must be your eyes mate - if you click on picture it will enlarge and you can see a red circle around the dodgy looking bloke in the green bowling shirt :lol:

sorry mate, don't know you :rolleyes:

:lol: I'm real good thanks Gary, hope all is well with you - look forward to catching up with you saturday

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

must be your eyes mate - if you click on picture it will enlarge and you can see a red circle around the dodgy looking bloke in the green bowling shirt :lol:

sorry mate, don't know you :rolleyes:

:lol: I'm real good thanks Gary, hope all is well with you - look forward to catching up with you saturday

yeah we'll have a chat mate look forward to it, now i know this is you i'll add you to my small but perfectly formed friends list!

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

gary

Hi Gary

Now you've reminded me it all makes sense! LOL! :lol: It was Andy who played it (Neil couldn't stop shakeing when he got behind the decks!) I think that was the same night he dropped 'Lover' on Cuppy (Neil's old man came in very handy when it came to purchasing those big ticket items! :rolleyes: ) . I've just realised that I had a copy of this back then too (a while later,when the mother load appeared). I've got some photos of my collection back then and there it is plain as day! Must be getting senile. Thanks for reminding me! See ya saturday.......

Social source share

Hi Gary

Now you've reminded me it all makes sense! LOL! :lol: It was Andy who played it (Neil couldn't stop shakeing when he got behind the decks!) I think that was the same night he dropped 'Lover' on Cuppy (Neil's old man came in very handy when it came to purchasing those big ticket items! :lol: ) . I've just realised that I had a copy of this back then too (a while later,when the mother load appeared). I've got some photos of my collection back then and there it is plain as day! Must be getting senile. Thanks for reminding me! See ya saturday.......

got a tape somewhere Nik - you Andy & Neil @ Oakdale - lots of mucking about on the mic but with some of the latest wigan plays of the time 'lover', 'country girl' etc etc.

if i ever get around to sorting through my tapes i'll tranfer it to CD and let you have a copy :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

got a tape somewhere Nik - you Andy & Neil @ Oakdale - lots of mucking about on the mic but with some of the latest wigan plays of the time 'lover', 'country girl' etc etc.

if i ever get around to sorting through my tapes i'll tranfer it to CD and let you have a copy :rolleyes:

Spot on Cookie, would love to hear what we got up to way back then. All my tapes are long since disintergrated! :lol:

:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert