Ever Missed A Venue Or Event?

Odd question perhaps and probably a sign that I need to shift my enormous self & clean this house but...

I was at the Rock Radio 1st birthday party last night at The Ritz in Manchester, first time I'd been in there since Richard had his last alniter there in ????.. it's not changed a bit and oddly enough it was really great to be back in there, didn't feel like it was so long since we'd been in there. I was looking around for ages wishing that we had the alniters back in there. Loads of great memories of that place came flooding back.

Has anyone else ever been back to a former "soul" venue & immediately wanted to put a nite on?.

Oh, maybe it's just me.. :thumbsup:

anyway, I urge our local promotors to have another look at it - it's still got a 4am licence y'know! :thumbup:

Jayne.x

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes l have been back to former venues but think that l would rather leave

things in the past... Things are better when you're young :thumbsup::thumbup:

Jayne still is young, she was on about the all-nighters from the late 90s till the early 00s, not the all-dayers from 70s/80s. :lol:

Yes I miss the ritz, it was always somewhere to go after other bank holiday do's. :yes:

Social source share

Jayne still is young, she was on about the all-nighters from the late 90s till the early 00s, not the all-dayers from 70s/80s. :thumbsup:

Yes I miss the ritz, it was always somewhere to go after other bank holiday do's. :lol:

The normal Sunday night sessions with live acts where ok as well. :thumbup:

Social source share

Jayne still is young, she was on about the all-nighters from the late 90s till the early 00s, not the all-dayers from 70s/80s. :thumbup:

Yes I miss the ritz, it was always somewhere to go after other bank holiday do's. :lol:

Thanks Dave, I feel about 90 today after all that metal last night! :yes:

webbydublin might be right about things left in the past.. yeh, I guess to go back to reopen a venue you'd always have the original nights to 'live upto', although The Wheel works great now..

Hmm.. I shall ponder.. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x. (clearly needing more to occupy herself with!)

Social source share

Yeh, Cleethorpes was a big part of the so called growing up stage in my life. I used to go nearly every weekend in the 80's and had some great times and some sad times too. And one sad time was when i was working at an oil refinery on the outskirt's of Grimsby back in the 90's and the guy's had organised a night out to the "Bag's Ball" and we all climbed into the mini bus then 15 minutes later the bus pull's up outside my old stomping ground, well all the old memory's came flooding back and it was quite a night looking at the place and remembering were we alway's used to sit etc. Those were the times.

Good old day's

Wally wink.gif

Social source share

Yeh, Cleethorpes was a big part of the so called growing up stage in my life. I used to go nearly every weekend in the 80's and had some great times and some sad times too. And one sad time was when i was working at an oil refinery on the outskirt's of Grimsby back in the 90's and the guy's had organised a night out to the "Bag's Ball" and we all climbed into the mini bus then 15 minutes later the bus pull's up outside my old stomping ground, well all the old memory's came flooding back and it was quite a night looking at the place and remembering were we alway's used to sit etc. Those were the times.

Good old day's

Wally :shhh:

Glad it's not just me then!. :shades:

Jayne.x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert