• Replies 23
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

Sad news indeed. Have fond memories of being invited into the "dressing room" to meet her at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens back in the late 70's. Very nice lady and very easy to chat to.

Social source share

Sad news indeed. Have fond memories of being invited into the "dressing room" to meet her at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens back in the late 70's. Very nice lady and very easy to chat to.

===

very SAD news,,,,run to the nearest exit a top ten oldie for me and should have been huge!!

RIP Viola ...

Social source share

Guest Rhonda

At Bamberg last weekend someone played "The First Time" and we were saying what a great and underplayed record it is.

She made so many great records.

RIP

Social source share

Not sure if anyone knows yet, but Viola Wills passed away yesterday.

Recording for Bronco, Supreme and various UK labels, Vi had been living in Brighton for a few years until a recent move back to LA. She was a good friend of mine.

Kev

Saddened to hear that.

I have fond memories of hearing her records down at the Wheel and the excitement of adding them to my growing collection.

I shall dig them out and play them now, in respect.

RIP Viola Wills.

Social source share

"Day In The Life Of A Woman" was my favourite of her many great recordings RIP Viola

Cheers Paul

Have two different recordings of this. Both on seperate GoodEar rnumbers.

"Lost Without The Love Of My Guy" was perhaps my favourite track by Viola.... along with "I Got Love" and the storming "You're Out Of My Mind"

RIP Viola Wills.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Have two different recordings of this. Both on seperate GoodEar rnumbers.

Yep I've heard em both Sean, mines got "Run To The .............." on the flip, cant remember the number, is the other version with a different flip?

Cheers Paul

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Yep I've heard em both Sean, mines got "Run To The .............." on the flip, cant remember the number, is the other version with a different flip?

Cheers Paul

Playing at the weekend so I'm gonna drop 'I got Love' as a tribute. Sad news. RIP.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Playing at the weekend so I'm gonna drop 'I got Love' as a tribute. Sad news. RIP.

Was playing "I've got news for you" only yesterday. Ironic really.

RIP.

Social source share

Not sure if anyone knows yet, but Viola Wills passed away yesterday.

Recording for Bronco, Supreme and various UK labels, Vi had been living in Brighton for a few years until a recent move back to LA. She was a good friend of mine.

Kev

very sad news R.I.P regards john

Social source share

Cheers Paul

Yes Paul, also on the other mix its the A side, with the flip being "Some Other Day".

Catalogue number is 609 whereas the other is 103.

609 is the better version IMO.

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert