• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You bloody had this !!!

I was only listening to your tape from May 87 ' yesterday whilst sinking a beer in the garden !!

Other great tracks on it are Ronnie Stokes , Mike Jemison , King Tutt , Mighty Fire , Katie Griffin and CM Lord

Scott,

:thumbup:

Hi Scott, I sure did mate....but somewhere in the midst of time it`s vanished. One o my favs too, if you spy one I`d appreciate it if could give me a shout. It`s not a rareun but a canny find a copy! It`ll be sitting along side my copy of Milt Matthews " you and me and love " which has disappeared into the the same twilight zone. Canny find another copy of that 7inch either. Very frustrating when I do have them somewhere, I never sold them.

Andy

Social source share

Hi Scott, I sure did mate....but somewhere in the midst of time it`s vanished. One o my favs too, if you spy one I`d appreciate it if could give me a shout. It`s not a rareun but a canny find a copy! It`ll be sitting along side my copy of Milt Matthews " you and me and love " which has disappeared into the the same twilight zone. Canny find another copy of that 7inch either. Very frustrating when I do have them somewhere, I never sold them.

Andy

not a rareun but just how many do you see 4 sale in 2009 wink.gif

Social source share

IS THERE A USA COPY.............. IF THERE IS I AINT NEVER SEEN IT

DAVE

SUNDAY CHILL OUT 7TH JUNE. HORSE AND GROOM PUB EAST LAITH GATE DONCASTER WITH BRI AND DAVE PINCHES.JOE LAKIN MICK WAD + GUEST RUSS STEELE AND DONKIT

:thumbup::thumbup:g.gif Hmmm... I think you may have a point there Dave. I can't say as I've heard of one either :thumbsup:

Social source share

:rolleyes::thumbsup::boxing: Hmmm... I think you may have a point there Dave. I can't say as I've heard of one either no.gif

"Very Last Drop" is mentioned in a PRELUDE discography as having been issued on a US 45 as:

Bobby Thurston - Very Last Drop / Is Something Wrong With You - PRELUDE 8027

But I've never seen a copy of that combination of sides. I actually think it's a misprint, because all copies of PRELUDE 8027 that I've found have had this combination of tunes:

Bobby Thurston - I Really Didn't Mean It / Is Something Wrong With You - PRELUDE 8027

"I Really Didn't Mean It" is ofcourse a good tune as well, so that's not too bad. :wicked:

The flipside of the UK Epic release, "Life Is What You Make It", wasn't issued on 7" in the US.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

"Very Last Drop" is mentioned in a PRELUDE discography as having been issued on a US 45 as:

Bobby Thurston - Very Last Drop / Is Something Wrong With You - PRELUDE 8027

But I've never seen a copy of that combination of sides. I actually think it's a misprint, because all copies of PRELUDE 8027 that I've found have had this combination of tunes:

Bobby Thurston - I Really Didn't Mean It / Is Something Wrong With You - PRELUDE 8027

"I Really Didn't Mean It" is ofcourse a good tune as well, so that's not too bad. :thumbsup:

The flipside of the UK Epic release, "Life Is What You Make It", wasn't issued on 7" in the US.

Thanks for the info Sebastian. I didn't realise that it was UK only. Great tune that anyone would be mad to sell unless they had to or had 2 copies! I didn't realise mine was a demo until I read this thread and dug it out. Surely it must be fairly rare as you rarely see copies for sale anywhere.

post-430-1242067569_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Well remembered Barry.

Always a last hour spin for yours truly. :shades:

Never was a US 45 of this.

Sean

Great record and remember it well from then, although I thought I had it on a US prelude WD, you now have me doubting that Sean, will check when I get in.

Andy D, sure I will have an extra of this on 7" or 12", Allan's in Portobello had about 12 of the UK copies, mostly demos at one point, text me tonight and I will check, if I have you can have it for the price of a pint (and 12 of your golf lessons maybe :shhh: !!)

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Great record and remember it well from then, although I thought I had it on a US prelude WD, you now have me doubting that Sean, will check when I get in.

Andy D, sure I will have an extra of this on 7" or 12", Allan's in Portobello had about 12 of the UK copies, mostly demos at one point, text me tonight and I will check, if I have you can have it for the price of a pint (and 12 of your golf lessons maybe :wicked: !!)

Nice one Jock, as many golf lessons as you wish my guru friend then have a pint or 2 on me..... thumbsup.gif . I heard VLD from yourself cica 84/85...you put it on a tape for me. Always been one of my favs...spuing I canny find mine. i`m sure it was Allans @ Portobello that I got my copy after you saying at the time. Was only 50p or there abouts could even have been 20p!!!!

Social source share

Too much of the hard stuff Jock.

If you can show me a US demo... I'll show you my tank top!

:thumbup:

Sean

As soon as you said it I doubted myself, its a WD of You Got What It Takes I have, a great tune in its own right. Never realised VLD didnt come out on US, and more annoying looks like I have gave away the various UK copies I have as I can only find it on LP, one more box to try.....

Social source share

Source Advert