R.i.p Linda Wood (white)

Woody has asked if I would put this post on, as understandably he isn't upto it today.

Sadly today at 3.15am our dear soul friend Linda passed away after a long battle with cancer.

Such a soulful gentle Lady ,I am sure she will be missed by everyone. A dear friend Yocky and I will dearly miss.

I will update this post as soon as Dave gets back to me with the Funeral arrangements. Everybody is welcome.

Please feel free to add to this thread any kind words as a tribute to Linda.

Love to you all Jx

Edited by soulcrew
Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Woody has asked if I would put this post on, as understandably he isn't upto it today.

Sadly today at 3.15am our dear soul friend Linda passed away after a long battle with cancer.

Such a soulful gentle Lady ,I am sure she will be missed by everyone. A dear friend Yocky and I will dearly miss.

I will update this post as soon as Dave gets back to me with the Funeral arrangements. Everybody is welcome.

Love to you all Jx

So sorry to hear this news, please pass on our condolences to the family.

Kev & Gloria Bourne

Wellingborough

Social source share

Guest elnel

Linda was a lady allways imaculately turned out and never a bad word for anyone .Our love and thoughts go out to Dave and all lindas fammily . Love Nel Jean And Fammily XX

Social source share

i did not know linda but godbless her she sounded a lovely person condolences to dave and both familys from all at stoke sad.gif

Social source share

Love to you all Jx

pass on my deepest condolences to Woody. top lass she was joy please

Rob

Social source share

Very sad news and our deepest sympathy and sincere condolencies to Dave and his family and to Linda's sister Janet and her family.

As already said, it was not unexpected but still very hard to take as Linda was quite simply a lovely caring person who will be sadly missed by everyone who had the pleasure to know her.

It was through Linda that Sue came back on to the soul scene in the mid 90's when she started working with her at a ladies fashion store in Doncaster and Linda persuaded her to go to the Yarborough Club in Bentley which was the first of many soul nights and the start of a great friendship with her and her many friends.

I first met Linda when I came back to the scene in early 2k and had many good times with her and Dave and in all the time I knew her I never once heard her say a bad word about anyone.

She was such a lovely lady in every sense and we both feel honoured to have known her and feel deep regret for not spending more time with her in the last few years.

Taken too soon ,

R.I.P Linda

Love Paul & Sue xxxx

Social source share

Guest Soul On A Stick

Very sad news.

Our thoughts are with you and your family at this sad difficult time Dave.

Paul & Stephanie

Social source share

I have known linda and her sister Janet from school they got me into soul.They are the best mates you can have.My thoughts go out too Dave and Janet and Families,rest in peace Linda love suexxxx

Social source share

My condolences to Woody and family. Linda was a lovely woman and will be dearly missed my thought's are with you woody at this difficult time. x

Social source share

Love to you all Jx

xx

It wont get any harder. This week is as bad as it gets.

Peace

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Guest soulful ady

Sorry to hear this sad news,our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

R.I.P LINDA.

Ady n Mags.X

Social source share

Love to you all Jx

Words are never enough , but thoughts and prayers are .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with Dave and the family.

Safe journey Linda,

Jo xx

Social source share

Guest rushden

My heart goes out to you Woody & your family , i will never forget the kindness you and Linda showed me on my trip over from Australia two years ago . R.I P. LINDA

John

Social source share

from both me and sue we never met linda but know dave but from what we have heard she was a true diamond and will be a sad loss to the soul scean our thoughts are with you dave and your family anything we can do to help just ask mate R. I. P linda

Social source share

Guest Barry Holland

SO SAD TO HEAR THE NEWS ABOUT LINDA. OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AT THIS SAD TIME, DAVE. FROM BARRY AND ANN AND EVERYONE AT THE KAY GEE BEE.

Social source share

Guest Jonah 1959

We would like to send our sincere condolences to Dave and Family,Linda RIP and God bless.

Jonah, Rachel ,Laura ,Peter and Heather

Social source share

Guest averya

Our condolences to both Dave and to Linda's family.

Taken to early but an angel in heaven

(no more suffering)

R.I.P Linda.

Malc & Audrey

Social source share

Hello everybody,

these are the times & arrangements for Linda's Funeral:-

Wednesday the 20th of May 11:00am at Rose Hill Crematorium, Cantley Lane, Cantley, Donaster, DN4 6NE. Then afterwards at " The Earl Of Doncaster Hotel" in town. Donation's for Cancer Research & Doncaster Hospice would be appreaciated, just flower's from imediate family thank's.

Hope this give's everyone time to get sorted. Big thankyou to everyone for all the card's, kind word's & support. Speical thank's to all our close freind's (you know who you are).

Linda's gone back to where she came from now, Dave

Hi Everyone

Just added Dave's post re Linda's funeral as promised.

Love to all

Jx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert