Pillow Talk - Sylvia

Listening to this tune made me think who was Sylvia? admittedly I love this tune, brings back the 70's memories :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sylvia was Sylvia Robinson who was recording in the early 50s as Little Sylvia, later teamed up with Mickey Baker for

"Love Is Strange" and then ran the Vibration, Stang, All Platinum labels. In the 80s's she started Sugar Hill Records.

I've read she wrote "Pillow Talk" for Al Green who was not at all interested so she released the record on her own.

Social source share

Sylvia was Sylvia Robinson who was recording in the early 50s as Little Sylvia, later teamed up with Mickey Baker for

"Love Is Strange" and then ran the Vibration, Stang, All Platinum labels. In the 80s's she started Sugar Hill Records.

I've read she wrote "Pillow Talk" for Al Green who was not at all interested so she released the record on her own.

..and flip over "Pillow Talk" for "My Thing" a Sylvia Robinson penned class crossover tune. also cut by The Moments, but Sylvia's version is the one imho

steve

Social source share

Listening to this tune made me think who was Sylvia? admittedly I love this tune, brings back the 70's memories :thumbsup:

probably one of the most important women ever in the record business (and half of "love is strange" mickey and sylvia). Probably a webpage or wikipedia page or something will tell you much more than anyone here will type up.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert