Where's The Best Weeknder?

but it does have a niter on the sat with the soultown djs :wicked: .

Ah, didn't know that, I haven't looked at the detail for ages. :ohmy:

Soultown weren't involved last time I went, it was still a 2 roomer then. 2006 or 07 I think.

Jayne.

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Never been to one.

Perhaps it's just me,

but can't see the attraction.

Tony

Perhaps it is just you Tony. :wicked:

I prefer them, atmosphere that you just rarely get at a one night event.

I just wish I had more money and I'd probably be able to do a weekender every week!.

Jayne.x

Social source share

some of this has been said , but it all depends on why you go and what you want from a w/ender

to see friends you dont often see and or meet new ones

to get away for a break

to hear different/ new sounds

to be somewhere different where you wouldnt normally go if it werent for the music

also on what criteria do you judge a w/ender

accomodation

the place/resort

who,s dj,ing

the venue

the music

the cost

and last but not least the people who attend

some or all of the above are personal choices maybe there should be some way these can be assesed and to give an overall picture of any w/ender.

take my 3 choices

1 isle of wight not a soul w/ender but there are plenty of venues on the island playin n/soul the place is brill and its scooter heaven

if I could only do 1 w/ender it would be this

2 bridlington easily the best venue ,all our friends go and the music is brill the fish an chips are spot on and we love the resort

3 skegness butlins the start of the year for us its not an exclusive n/soul w/end but the crazy horses is a brill venue .there are some good live acts the accomodation is good .loads of people we dont normally see go and its somewhere we can happily take our none soulie friends

still do other w/ends and done others but we cant do them all

we also do soul in the sun and this year going to kefalonia with all our friends for sharon and bernies wedding with a n/soul theme for a fortnight

Edited by barney
Social source share

Guest stash313

Highlights for me include the Blackpool and Birmingham Hilton Luxury Soul Weekenders now upto LS 13 with the Birmingham Hilton coming up in a couple of weeks time.

Richard, Ralph and the Hilton team have really hit a niche with the Modern Soul market at these weekenders. Three days and nights of luxury with four rooms of the best in across the board Soul music.

Both weekends feature some of the highest calibre of acts around and the cream of the UK's Modern Soul DJ's.

Personally the new year event in Blackpool is my favourite whilst Birmingham also gets an honoury mention for pushing forward the boundaries of 'Nu' Soul music. Both events are essential and upto now I've only missed the first two and I don't intend on increasing those numbers.

Away from The Hilton weekenders, out of the current crop of European weekenders including the now defunct 'Uptight Weekender' in Frankfurt and the annual Village Soul Italia, in Cortevecchia, Tuscany rate highly.

Back in the UK Cleethorpes is always a good laugh whilst Prestatyn always delivers. Not to forget the recent Soulvation weekend in Newquay.

Plenty to go at. My advice try them all and then admit yourself to hospital.

Social source share

Highlights for me include the Blackpool and Birmingham Hilton Luxury Soul Weekenders now upto LS 13 with the Birmingham Hilton coming up in a couple of weeks time.

Richard, Ralph and the Hilton team have really hit a niche with the Modern Soul market at these weekenders. Three days and nights of luxury with four rooms of the best in across the board Soul music.

Both weekends feature some of the highest calibre of acts around and the cream of the UK's Modern Soul DJ's.

Personally the new year event in Blackpool is my favourite whilst Birmingham also gets an honoury mention for pushing forward the boundaries of 'Nu' Soul music. Both events are essential and upto now I've only missed the first two and I don't intend on increasing those numbers.

Away from The Hilton weekenders, out of the current crop of European weekenders including the now defunct 'Uptight Weekender' in Frankfurt and the annual Village Soul Italia, in Cortevecchia, Tuscany rate highly.

Back in the UK Cleethorpes is always a good laugh whilst Prestatyn always delivers. Not to forget the recent Soulvation weekend in Newquay.

Plenty to go at. My advice try them all and then admit yourself to hospital.

nah southport music fesival beats the lot and has been going longer than most !!!!, it started out as a soul weekender most diverse soulful music you will ever hear in europe. 21 years old and five thousand people twice a year, if you fancy a change take a look at the pics on the net and go !!!

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

Guest rosemary

nah southport music fesival beats the lot and has been going longer than most !!!!, it started out as a soul weekender most diverse soulful music you will ever hear in europe. 21 years old and five thousand people twice a year, if you fancy a change take a look at the pics on the net and go !!!

I totally agree with you on this.......... Southport Weekender is amazing, the atmosphere is electric :thumbup: .

Looking forward to tomorrow for the Southport Weekender and our honeymoon :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest christan

I totally agree with you on this.......... Southport Weekender is amazing, the atmosphere is electric :thumbup: .

Looking forward to tomorrow for the Southport Weekender and our honeymoon :thumbup:

Have a great time from both me and Tanya xx :thumbup::thumbup:

Social source share

Guest rosemary

Have a great time from both me and Tanya xx :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you Chris and Tanya :thumbup: ....... I'll probably be taking plenty of photos..... but not of the honeymoon :thumbup:

Social source share

This one is deffo on the list to try!. Hopefully November.

Jayne.

Social source share

Guest familytree

My favorite in the whole wide world too!!!!!!!!!!.... it has everything... the energy there and the true passion for music will keep me going for another 21 years!... there is NOTHING like it! :thumbsup: x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert