Lou Wilson Aka Lou Edwards?

Guest mel brat

Guest mel brat

According to the latest 'Soul Patrol Newsletter', a certain Lou Wilson & Today's People have a new CD out in the States. Now this just HAS to be Lou EDWARDS of "Talkin' Bout Poor Folks' fame doesn't it??

His bio (reproduced below from the SPN), lists a release on US Columbia which I take to be the official a-side of the aforementioned Mecca/Northern classic(?) unsure.gif

(I hope I'm not "stating the bleeding obvious" on this one, but I didn't know anything about Lou Edwards/Wilson previously!) Maybe we can him get on site for a chat?

MONEY TALK: LOU WILSON & TODAY'S PEOPLE - Whip It, Settle Down, Money Talk, Around the Corner from Love, Dog in the House, Taking over my Baby's Mind, If It Ain't Broke, Don't Try to Fix It, Roots of My Heart, I'm Not Limited, You Laid Your Love On Me, Mis-high and Mighty, Ain't Been Hittin It, I Heard It Through the Grapvine, Can I Depend On You. Hosted by "nightrain" and introduced by Ms. Mabel John & Funkadelic

BIO: Lou Wilson

Born in Senatobia MS. Later his family moved to Memphis TN. While being raised in Memphis Lou listened to and was influenced by many of the local greats such as Elmore James Howlin' Wolf, B B King, Johnny Ace and Little Junior Parker to name a few. He has performed in Canada in the Maximum Blues Festival.

As a performer Lou has the talent of being a soulful singer and songwriter. He had a long career going back to the fifties with a group he founded: Wade Flemons and the New Comers, who had a top R&B hit "Here I Stand" on Chicago's Vee-Jay Records. As a solo performer Lou was successful with "This Love is Getting Deeper" on Kent Records. "Got To Be Me" on Columbia Records and four releases on Detroit Crew Records titled: "On The Right Track, "True Blues", "Prime Time", and the brand new hottest release "Blue Groove". His music will keep your head bopping and your fingers popping, your feet moving and your body grooving to the soulful sounds of this dynamic recording artist, Lou Wilson.

MONEY TALK is Lou Wilson's latest CD. It consists of sounds of southern soul, blues and R&B.

--'Roots of My Heart' has a country flavor.

--'Miss-High and Mighty' is talking about what's going on in the world today.

--'I Heard It through The Grapevine' is a remix with horns.

Some of the songs are nice dance songs. This CD has a nice mix of music. Lou had a mix of great musicians that he worked with.

Lou's music is famous world wide, including Belgium, England and Japan.

This is Lou's fifth CD.

https://www.allorecords.com

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

According to the latest 'Soul Patrol Newsletter', a certain Lou Wilson & Today's People have a new CD out in the States. Now this just HAS to be Lou EDWARDS of "Talkin' Bout Poor Folks' fame doesn't it??

His bio (reproduced below from the SPN), lists a release on US Columbia which I take to be the official a-side of the aforementioned Mecca/Northern classic(?) unsure.gif

Definitely the same chap Mel.

Social source share

His bio (reproduced below from the SPN), lists a release on US Columbia which I take to be the official a-side of the aforementioned Mecca/Northern classic(?) :D

(I hope I'm not "stating the bleeding obvious" on this one, but I didn't know anything about Lou Edwards/Wilson previously!) Maybe we can him get on site for a chat?

MONEY TALK: LOU WILSON & TODAY'S PEOPLE - Whip It, Settle Down, Money Talk, Around the Corner from Love, Dog in the House, Taking over my Baby's Mind, If It Ain't Broke, Don't Try to Fix It, Roots of My Heart, I'm Not Limited, You Laid Your Love On Me, Mis-high and Mighty, Ain't Been Hittin It, I Heard It Through the Grapvine, Can I Depend On You. Hosted by "nightrain" and introduced by Ms. Mabel John & Funkadelic

BIO: Lou Wilson

Born in Senatobia MS. Later his family moved to Memphis TN. While being raised in Memphis Lou listened to and was influenced by many of the local greats such as Elmore James Howlin' Wolf, B B King, Johnny Ace and Little Junior Parker to name a few. He has performed in Canada in the Maximum Blues Festival.

As a performer Lou has the talent of being a soulful singer and songwriter. He had a long career going back to the fifties with a group he founded: Wade Flemons and the New Comers, who had a top R&B hit "Here I Stand" on Chicago's Vee-Jay Records. As a solo performer Lou was successful with "This Love is Getting Deeper" on Kent Records. "Got To Be Me" on Columbia Records and four releases on Detroit Crew Records titled: "On The Right Track, "True Blues", "Prime Time", and the brand new hottest release "Blue Groove". His music will keep your head bopping and your fingers popping, your feet moving and your body grooving to the soulful sounds of this dynamic recording artist, Lou Wilson.

MONEY TALK is Lou Wilson's latest CD. It consists of sounds of southern soul, blues and R&B.

--'Roots of My Heart' has a country flavor.

--'Miss-High and Mighty' is talking about what's going on in the world today.

--'I Heard It through The Grapevine' is a remix with horns.

Some of the songs are nice dance songs. This CD has a nice mix of music. Lou had a mix of great musicians that he worked with.

Lou's music is famous world wide, including Belgium, England and Japan.

This is Lou's fifth CD.

https://www.allorecords.com

'I got to be me' is of course the 'other' side of the magnificent 'Talkin' 'bout poor folks'. It's also a damn fine tune too :lol:

I have the 'Blues Groove' CD and there's a couple of good tracks on there. Must get round to getting those other 4 including the new one as there must be other good stuff on them!!!!

'Talkin' 'bout poor folks' is a desert island disc for me :D as it must be for many others on here?

Hope he has lots of success with his new CD!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert