2nd Rarest 45?

I think there are 3/4 knocking around my old one went to Tim Brown who passed it on to Ginger. Mick Smith has one that was Searlings at one time, am i right in thinking good old Ted Massey also owns a copy. regards Gilly and Nicola,

Your right Gilly mine has Ian Gillibrand scratch in the runout grooves got it from the amazing Jim Wensiora collection

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think there are 3/4 knocking around my old one went to Tim Brown who passed it on to Ginger. Mick Smith has one that was Searlings at one time, am i right in thinking good old Ted Massey also owns a copy. regards Gilly and Nicola,

Yes Ted Massey has my old copy, which was the 1st one Neil Ruston got from Disco Bob.

Richard Searling's copy was the 2nd, Barry Waddington got that one into the UK.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

It's a testpress and not acetate. Rob or Chris Marriott owned it at one time.

Benji, there`s (also?) an acetate of this. Wether that is the one that Rob or Chris owned I don`t know. But please verify your statement that there is a test press around because if it is and you have not mixed up acetate with test press that would make it now 4 copies plus one acetate.

Back to topic, how about E. Lewis (or whatever, forgot name) "Sell my soul to the devil". I know of two copies. Any more?

we already had that more then once before...three copies with different credits.

Social source share

Benji, there`s (also?) an acetate of this. Wether that is the one that Rob or Chris owned I don`t know. But please verify your statement that there is a test press around because if it is and you have not mixed up acetate with test press that would make it now 4 copies plus one acetate.

The one that one of the Marriotts owned was definitely a King test press. I thought you were referring to that one. If there's also an acetate, so be it.

Wasn't the first ever copy to be turned up a TP as well? Pat Bardy Stafford play?

we already had that more then once before...three copies with different credits.

ok, three copies then. My question was/is: does it apply as a runners up for the 2nd rarest 45?

Social source share

Who owns the E Williams Marc? What are the three credits, know there's E-Williams, is another Jimmy Williams?? Memeory not what it was :thumbup:. Are there two labels as well :thumbup:

Don't remember Rob playing Junior McCants :no:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Thought one was acetate though Mark???? does that count ?

What about the Larry Clinton red issue? Can't be too many of them.

Social source share

Yes your right, I had Ted's in my hand a couple of Months agowicked.gif

If ya know wot I meangood.gif

M.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert