James Walsh Gypsy Band-pb 1403 Uk-issue

dthedrug

:thumbsup: Hi all UK collectors.. this is my copy of the very rare CUZ IT,S YOU GIRL...Its the only copy I have seen as all info on the recored state it never got distrabuted? for some reason only DEMOS were mailed out. I have had my copy for years, I have owned several DEMOS which is rare on its own but the issue much rareer, however DEMOS allways look better to my eyes, as to value WHAT DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH :thumbsup: DAVE KIL

post-13241-1240705075_thumb.jpg

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

imo dont think its worth THAT MUCH IF ANY more really THAN A uk DEMO as its not that rare A RECORD IN GENERAL( i MEAN THERE ARE LOADS OF USA ISSUES /DEMOS) SO NOBDOY IS REALLY GONNA GO OTT JUST BECAUSE IS A UK ISSUE..UNLESS THEY ARE PURELY UK RCA COLLECTORS AND WE KNOW THEY ARE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.

ID SAY MY AUSTRALIAN ISSUE IS AS RARE IF NOT RARER.

SO ID SAY £120-150 ISH BUT EVEN THEN IT MAY NOT SELL

GASHER

:rolleyes: Hi all UK collectors.. this is my copy of the very rare CUZ IT,S YOU GIRL...Its the only copy I have seen as all info on the recored state it never got distrabuted? for some reason only DEMOS were mailed out. I have had my copy for years, I have owned several DEMOS which is rare on its own but the issue much rareer, however DEMOS allways look better to my eyes, as to value WHAT DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH :lol: DAVE KIL
Edited by GASHER
Social source share

imo dont think its worth THAT MUCH IF ANY more really THAN A uk DEMO as its not that rare A RECORD IN GENERAL( i MEAN THERE ARE LOADS OF USA ISSUES /DEMOS) SO NOBDOY IS REALLY GONNA GO OTT JUST BECAUSE IS A UK ISSUE..UNLESS THEY ARE PURELY UK RCA COLLECTORS AND WE KNOW THEY ARE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.

ID SAY MY AUSTRALIAN ISSUE IS AS RARE IF NOT RARER.

SO ID SAY £120-150 ISH BUT EVEN THEN IT MAY NOT SELL

GASHER

:( WHO KNOWS AT LEAST WE HAVE A COPY THATS MORE TO THE POINT :g: DAVE KIL

Social source share

• 4 years later...

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....The UK issue is a rare 45, for sure, and vey hard to find, what spoils it, is all the pressings made of the song in the past 2 years, this has caused the rare withdrawn UK issue is worth £125 to-day, however the price being asked for the eBay copy is what the record was worth 2 years ago? :yes: DAVE K

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....The UK issue is a rare 45, for sure, and vey hard to find, what spoils it, is all the pressings made of the song in the past 2 years, this has caused the rare withdrawn UK issue is worth £125 to-day, however the price being asked for the eBay copy is what the record was worth 2 years ago? :yes: DAVE K

it charted in the states on rca dave at no 71 in dec 1978 so there`s thousands of usa black issues around...even that sold for £150 at one point :rofl: ..even so ive never seen a copy on rca,  uk or usa sell for over 200....only on the f & e label..which is the long version as per uk copy  but a slightly different mix

• Helpful 2
Social source share

it charted in the states on rca dave at no 71 in dec 1978 so there`s thousands of usa black issues around...even that sold for £150 at one point :rofl: ..even so ive never seen a copy on rca,  uk or usa sell for over 200....only on the f & e label..which is the long version as per uk copy  but a slightly different mix

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Dave nor have I, my valuation of £225, is based on the very few UK issues that got out, and also I based it on the 20+ years that I had a copy, I never saw another issue in person, however there where 5 that went on eBay auction all sold well under £200 :D DAVE K

Social source share

He's a hippie! :wicked:

I'm assuming that this particular James Walsh Gypsy Band is the American rock band? There is also a different British group of the same name. Although looking at the discography that isn't apparent. 

Peter

:thumbsup:

I found that and several other pictures of them (Gypsy) years ago, but have lost the rest. There were several of them at US rock concents / festivals. I seem to remember there were changes in the line up and hence JWGB was formed.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I found that and several other pictures of them (Gypsy) years ago, but have lost the rest. There were several of them at US rock concents / festivals. I seem to remember there were changes in the line up and hence JWGB was formed.

Cheers Simon

It appears that James was originally the key board player and then became the lead singer when the band reorganised themselves.

Peter

Social source share

yes white pop/rock aka hall an oates...........but very very good,,,,lotsa good stuff like it if you open your ears and get outta that northern soul straight jacket...

Moi - northern soul straight jacket? Not me Dave!

Just been googling them and could see the Hall and Oates connection. Yep, they were churning out some decent stuff in the early 80's too. "I can't go for that" rings a bell from memory. 

Social source share

Moi - northern soul straight jacket? Not me Dave!

Just been googling them and could see the Hall and Oates connection. Yep, they were churning out some decent stuff in the early 80's too. "I can't go for that" rings a bell from memory. 

i was thinkin more the atlantic stuff,,,,,,,and maybe the 1st rca lp..really soulful imvho

Social source share

i was thinkin more the atlantic stuff,,,,,,,and maybe the 1st rca lp..really soulful imvho

Me straight jacket must still be round me ankle Dave - I don't know about that stuff, just the well known chart stuff which still had a bit of soul.

In hindsight when I first started out I was definitely shackled up - didn't listen to anything which wasn't soul. Probably right through to the 90's - missed loads of stuff. But hey ho - I'm still discovering loads of soul music which is new to me. Everyday - so I don't feel hard done by.

:wink:

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers Simon

It appears that James was originally the key board player and then became the lead singer when the band reorganised themselves.

Peter

They also did an album on RCA if you want to hear more of them Peter99.

I remember getting the F&E 45 back in the 90's  - it was the local version before RCA picked them up -  I thought it was great. As Dave P says a slightly different more ameteurish mix makes it all the better. I've seen quite a few on British. Who says there are only 3 issues and 25 demos? Is that the official "Soul Police" version of events?.....:lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!