• Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soulmaguk

hi ,

i'm sure this has probably been done on here but was wondering if anyone could explain the different abc labels on this release?Seems to be two different ones the abc logo in a box and the kiddies building blocks type?

any help would be great

Phil

One was the French picture cover, sometimes not seen with its cover i suspect. only released on 45 in Europe.

Social source share

hi ,

i'm sure this has probably been done on here but was wondering if anyone could explain the different abc labels on this release?Seems to be two different ones the abc logo in a box and the kiddies building blocks type?

any help would be great

Phil

I think the kiddies building blocks were a short term design change Charles Mann's I Can Feel It ,has the same design as does my copy of Bobby Huttons album' So iI guess it would be around '73.

Yet Later Lamont Dozier 45s and Nolan Porters album are the normal abc logo

Anyone agree that there's some damn fine music on this logo from this period?

Scott

Social source share

I think the kiddies building blocks were a short term design change Charles Mann's I Can Feel It ,has the same design as does my copy of Bobby Huttons album' So iI guess it would be around '73.

Scott

I've seen other releases on the kiddies block label, so it's more likely that they came from another plant - and if I remember correctly they are Styrene - so probably west coast issues...

Of course I could be talking absolute shite.

Social source share

it also came out in the uk on probe. it made number 71 on the pop charts in the usa in march 1973 which is probably why there are a few variations around. the kiddies block abc design was only used in spring/ early summer 1973 as far as i can tell so while still originals they are at the tail end of this release. it must have been issued in a lot of countries. bought a french one for 50p blind over 20 years ago and never thought it would be deemed northern soul. still have it tho`

dave

Social source share

NOT A RARE RECORD ON USA ABC RELEASE, BUT RARER ON THE KIDDIES BLOCK DESIGN RATHER THAN THE REGULAR BLOCK ONE. HOWEVER HIS OTHER RELEASE ON ABC, THE WONDERFUL AND VERY UNDERATED OH BABY IS QUITE COMMON ON THE KIDDIES BLOCK AND HARDER ON REGULAR BLOCK LABEL.

BRI PINCH,

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

NOT A RARE RECORD ON USA ABC RELEASE, BUT RARER ON THE KIDDIES BLOCK DESIGN RATHER THAN THE REGULAR BLOCK ONE. HOWEVER HIS OTHER RELEASE ON ABC, THE WONDERFUL AND VERY UNDERATED OH BABY IS QUITE COMMON ON THE KIDDIES BLOCK AND HARDER ON REGULAR BLOCK LABEL.

BRI PINCH,

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Ex Mecca spin excellent sax :thumbsup:

Social source share

Scott

Yeah, also Chuck Jackson "Only get this feeling" has variants on the blocks label. 45s were issued in blue "building block" sleeves different from the Green ones the regular issues came in. Obviously a short-term re-branding that the boys changed minds about.

Jorge

Social source share

A pointless post but I feel the need anyhow...this track will always remind me of me old chum Kev McCue.

I bought this album for ten bob off ov Preston Market as a kid and loved it but the scene wasn't ready for 'IICOBS' at the time.

Could be deemed a negative but on the positive flip, whence tracks such as this gained dancefloor acceptance, it proved that the scene's love of quality soul was growing and we were becoming more adult in our tastes

Does that sound Sh*t?

You know what I mean don't you?.

Social source share

i sold a white demo recently for £40 . the black issues on both designs should be £30/40 but some people would charge more for them :rolleyes:

dave

sunday chill out 7th june horse and groom east laith gate doncaster center with guest russ steele and don kitchen + regular spinners

Social source share

i sold a white demo recently for £40 . the black issues on both designs should be £30/40 but some people would charge more for them :ohmy:

dave

sunday chill out 7th june horse and groom east laith gate doncaster center with guest russ steele and don kitchen + regular spinners

If someone has a copy for £30/£40 I will have one off them. Never seen less than £75 :rolleyes:

Social source share

If someone has a copy for £30/£40 I will have one off them. Never seen less than £75 :)

its a shame ive sold the demo as you could have had it for forty. i know 0ne or two dealers have had it for £75 but its too common to sell for that amount of money. they are on ebay all the time and its silly to pay that amount for it

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert