Oldies In Da Modurn Roomz

Modurn Roomz

Do you run or dance?

As soon as I hear that a venue has a second, or even a third room I kinda go "Ooooooh".

The other week I did my first ever Rugby Allnighter and to be perfectly honest I wasn't overly keen on what was on offer in the main room, my opinion of course and the main room was banging all night with a fair selection including a "Modern hour". The "Modern hour" wasn't strictly "Modern", it was more a celebration of some of the excellent (once) Modern trax that have now taken root in the main stream psyche.

Now this is not a criticism by any means coz the whole night was leaping with funky funksters and trendy bendies doing their thang along side the little old fat blokes such as me, and long may it reign!

In the second room, I think billed as an alternative? There was enough mixed fruit pudding served to keep me happy and on the dance floor, special mention to Debbie who spun her voodoo like she do! There was also another chap, name escapes me, sorry, who cracked out a hot steamy funky monkey that made me and others jazzin funky! Loved that and hats off to all at Ruggers for serving up summit a bit special and different, got my vote and I will deffo be back for the next thrash.

My traveling soul buddies, and long term friends are some of the South Yorkshire Soul Searchers who like me love doing allnighters. We are a select blend of lunatics with very different tastes in music varying from Oldies, RnB and the odd Seventies Newies and as soon as we arrive at a nighter we seam to bomb burst gravitating towards our respected comfort zones, mine is as far away from RnB as I can get, a couple of steps away from Oldies and as close to Jazzy Modern as I can get without changing into baggy pegs and a Hawaiian shirt.

Now I am not going to name my fellow Soul Searcher coz Paul doesn't like it, whoops! Sorry Paul. Any way, back to the plot, Paul couldn't be classed as a Modern fan, indeed he is an oldies kinda guy but, when he comes into the Alternate room to say hello, he will dance if the groove is right and the tempo is danceable.

What make an Oldies fan dance in the Modern Room?

Would you dance to this:

">
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Someone who is off there head on magic mushrooms :wacko:

Would you dance to this:

"> Edited by Guest
Social source share

Someone who is off there head on magic mushrooms :wacko:

Would you dance to this:

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Edited by stewmac
Social source share

Guest stevejan

Modurn Roomz

Do you run or dance?

As soon as I hear that a venue has a second, or even a third room I kinda go "Ooooooh".

The other week I did my first ever Rugby Allnighter and to be perfectly honest I wasn't overly keen on what was on offer in the main room, my opinion of course and the main room was banging all night with a fair selection including a "Modern hour". The "Modern hour" wasn't strictly "Modern", it was more a celebration of some of the excellent (once) Modern trax that have now taken root in the main stream psyche.

Now this is not a criticism by any means coz the whole night was leaping with funky funksters and trendy bendies doing their thang along side the little old fat blokes such as me, and long may it reign!

In the second room, I think billed as an alternative? There was enough mixed fruit pudding served to keep me happy and on the dance floor, special mention to Debbie who spun her voodoo like she do! There was also another chap, name escapes me, sorry, who cracked out a hot steamy funky monkey that made me and others jazzin funky! Loved that and hats off to all at Ruggers for serving up summit a bit special and different, got my vote and I will deffo be back for the next thrash.

My traveling soul buddies, and long term friends are some of the South Yorkshire Soul Searchers who like me love doing allnighters. We are a select blend of lunatics with very different tastes in music varying from Oldies, RnB and the odd Seventies Newies and as soon as we arrive at a nighter we seam to bomb burst gravitating towards our respected comfort zones, mine is as far away from RnB as I can get, a couple of steps away from Oldies and as close to Jazzy Modern as I can get without changing into baggy pegs and a Hawaiian shirt.

Now I am not going to name my fellow Soul Searcher coz Paul doesn't like it, whoops! Sorry Paul. Any way, back to the plot, Paul couldn't be classed as a Modern fan, indeed he is an oldies kinda guy but, when he comes into the Alternate room to say hello, he will dance if the groove is right and the tempo is danceable.

Would you dance to this:

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Would you dance to this:

">

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Guest yorks old boy

hello was there any modern in the 70ts, if not you would not have oldies now, someday your modern will be as old and the modern diffrent then would you dance to old or new :wave:

Social source share

hello was there any modern in the 70ts, if not you would not have oldies now, someday your modern will be as old and the modern diffrent then would you dance to old or new :wave:

yes there was - but i didnt dance to disco then either (la chic, abba etc)

dont get me wrong, i like some of the modern stuff but the music in the video is better suited to the nightclubs playing house etc, not soul gigs - imo of course :(

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

don't think this is any good. plus what about DJ Genesis i always find that poor and sounds like your typical dance music record.

Social source share

don't think this is any good. plus what about DJ Genesis i always find that poor and sounds like your typical dance music record.

i think you ought do a 'youtube' and share your thoughts on club music being played in soul venues :(:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert