Smashing A Record

Now being a great fan of Family Guy-this was a great episode "I dream of Jesus" 702

Where Peter visits "Dead Format Records" to buy "Surfin' Bird" which is annoying the whole family...

Stewie & Brian steal the record and smash it--it got me thinking-whats the one you'd give this treatment to ?

"> Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Now being a great fan of Family Guy-this was a great episode "I dream of Jesus" 702

Where Peter visits "Dead Format Records" to buy "Surfin' Bird" which is annoying the whole family...

Stewie & Brian steal the record and smash it--it got me thinking-whats the one you'd give this treatment to ?

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Guest HelplessDancer

Erm, prolly "DO I LOVE YOU (INDEED I DO)" cos its worth a few bob apparently and it's been done to death. And, let's be honest, it's not Gordys finest, is it? hehehehehe :lol:

Social source share

made a nice flower type shaped ashtray with a copy of Jerry Butlers "Moody woman" and a fag lighter once

does that count?

gman

Did similar back in the 70's with the Soul Fox Orch "Thumb a ride" as soon as I got the proper version - ceremonially, in public, while doing a set at the old Civil Service Club nights in Cheltenham!

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Erm, prolly "DO I LOVE YOU (INDEED I DO)" cos its worth a few bob apparently and it's been done to death. And, let's be honest, it's not Gordys finest, is it? hehehehehe :D

:thumbup:

I'd like to be wealthy enough to smash Frank Wilson and not even care! laugh.gif

I was about to say that! :lol:

I'm afraid the record that i'd like to smash would be Ray Pollards The Drifter! :D Just thought of another...Jackie Wilson Lovely way to die. I don't say that lightly as i'm a big Jackie fan, i just can't stand that song! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

The Ultimate Pants - Junior McCants - Try me for your new love

and I would screech & wail all the time like he does when he is attempting to sing the song

Social source share

Jackie Wilson Lovely way to die. I don't say that lightly as i'm a big Jackie fan, i just can't stand that song! :lol:

How can you say that?! Uptempo pacey dancer from one of the best!

I'm afraid the record that i'd like to smash would be Ray Pollards The Drifter! :thumbsup:

Dissing the Drifter ... :lol: Saddened.. The emotion, the voice ... "out of my arms and left me to wander" ... I'm startin a choofin poll int Box! :lol:

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

How can you say that?! Uptempo pacey dancer from one of the best!

Dissing the Drifter ... :lol: Saddened.. The emotion, the voice ... "out of my arms and left me to wander" ... I'm startin a choofin poll int Box! :thumbsup:

Hi Ian Im with you on the The Drifter probably one of the most gut wrenching Soul records ever. Perfection!

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Have to agree on this one, pure heartfelt soul, not sure about it being an uptempo pacy dancer though...I know we're gettin older & slower but.......I however do concede that one man's (or woman's) fave is anothers pet hate.......I can't stand Wade In The Water by anybody but the Marlena Shaw version really makes me grind my teeth.

KTF

Baz

Hi Ian Im with you on the The Drifter probably one of the most gut wrenching Soul records ever. Perfection!
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert