James Walsh Gypsy Band - Cuz It's You - Issue Or Demo?

Benji

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is my view, rarest at the top

Local label issue (Can't remember the label name)

US white test pressing

UK demo

US issue

US demo

Dave

Sorry Dave, but by far the rarest is the Australian demo, and the demo stamp only appears on the original paper RCA sleeve that went with it.

Social source share

Sorry Dave, but by far the rarest is the Australian demo, and the demo stamp only appears on the original paper RCA sleeve that went with it.

How would you know,could be thousands of em' un sold in warehouses nice a issue tho' with a demo sleeve,unless it as demo on the label forget it.

For me its gotto be US issue.

Social source share

The local US issue (before RCA) is easily the rarest by a long way.

Can someone please post up a soundclip of the local issue? It's supposed to be a different version (or mix) than the RCA release. Would be great to hear it.

All 4 songs on their two RCA 45s are good, so in my opinion the issue copies should be most desirable of both 45s. Or getting the LP. :lol:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Can someone please post up a soundclip of the local issue? It's supposed to be a different version (or mix) than the RCA release. Would be great to hear it.

All 4 songs on their two RCA 45s are good, so in my opinion the issue copies should be most desirable of both 45s. Or getting the LP. :lol:

Anybody want the LP, got one for sale.....

Social source share

It is different (I have both), strings more prominent on RCA.....Steve

Social source share

I'vejust received a mint US Demo and paid only 40 quid for it which I thought was a right Bargain :thumbup:

Thanks Rod, (modernsoulsucks) :D

Edited by miff
Social source share

It is different (I have both), strings more prominent on RCA.....Steve

It's a bit longer, right? Like 6 extra bars at the beginning or end or something...a friend of mine that collects everything Minneapolis/St. Paul has one. I think he paid something in the upper hundreds for it.

Social source share

It's a bit longer, right? Like 6 extra bars at the beginning or end or something...a friend of mine that collects everything Minneapolis/St. Paul has one. I think he paid something in the upper hundreds for it.

yes it's so. Obviously earlier / local etc so not quite as "polished up" as the RCA version.........nice light blue label too.....Steve

Social source share

Issue hardest.

I have a British Demo, anyone seen a British issue?

:thumbup:

Hi yes I have both UK issue and Demo over the years I have only found ! issue yet I have found % Demos and never seen an issue listed, I found it in a second hand shop in the centre of Wolves 10yrs ago :thumbup: DAVE KIL

Social source share

:lol:

Hi yes I have both UK issue and Demo over the years I have only found ! issue yet I have found % Demos and never seen an issue listed, I found it in a second hand shop in the centre of Wolves 10yrs ago :lol: DAVE KIL

How many?

Nice find.

So there is a UK issue then, I was told it was Demo only (that's why I asked / I didn't want a fight Dave, honest)

Nice one! (or at least the two known on here)

Social source share

How many?

Nice find.

So there is a UK issue then, I was told it was Demo only (that's why I asked / I didn't want a fight Dave, honest)

Nice one! (or at least the two known on here)

:lol: YES AS I SAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOUTHERONE ITS ONE OF THEM CASE THE STOCK COPY IS WOTH MORE THAN A DEMO, HOWEVER THE DEMO DOES LOOK BETTER? IF I NEW HOW TO PUT PHOTOS ON I WOULD SHOW YOU AS I AM A LUDITE WITH IT :lol: DAVE KIL

Social source share

post-8974-1240952645_thumb.jpg[

Here's my issue - it was this I bought from John and Malcolm's shop, not a demo.

Neil

:rolleyes: iF MEMORY SERVES ME WELL NEIL? I THINK YOU BOUGHT ONE OF MY DEMOS FROM JOHN & MALCOMS SHOP IN WILLINHALL A FEW YEARS BACK? :thumbup: DAVE KIL

:lol: Well it still came from myself Neil as I found several copies I thought there was only one issue if you check with john he will give you the provanance, I am sure you believe me any way I also got him to sell a John Ford issue did you buy that also..I have both issue and the extra rare Demo in my collection, its not just Mick Smith who has all the rare UK stuff its just hes got all the rare UK stuff what a boy, he is in Wolves this Saturday record fair at the civic pass it on to the in crowd ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

the uk copy plays the same as the lp version as well. the usa copy has 30 seconds chopped off the end.

i seem to see more usa issues than anything else and the fact it made no 71 0n the usa hot 100 pop chats justify`s this

dave

sunday chill out. 7th june. horse and groom. east laith gate. doncaster with pinches twins. joe lakin, mick wad and guests don kitchen and russ steele

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert