James Lovejoy

Guest James Trouble

Ian, what was the last super rare, monster, northern soul unknown you boasted about?

Lady Margo - Simply Got To Make It - Cynthia , wasn't it?

Is that rarer than the James Lovjoy, I wonder?

Hey, was that in the 400 count hot box as well?

There were 398 rare unknown monster northern soul records hanging on the wall.

398 rare unknown monster records, hanging on the wall....

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

• Replies 126
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll try and sort a sound file later but i'm moving house this week record decks are packed away, but not sure I can be arsed anyway, it's not that special. I'll have another listen though maybe I missed something...

Why don't you post a sound file up if you have the said record, your decks cant have been packed away if you have listened to the tune and going to have another listen to it.

I herd the tune for the first time last night and to be honest i think its great, some would disagree with me but hey we cant all like the same things can we.

I get sick n tired of reading your put downs of Ian, what have you contributed to this scene of ours ?

So come on as you have the record post it up n stop having a go at some one who has done loads for this scene, and has got more passion about what he does now as he did 30+ years ago.

.................. Sue

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Why don't you post a sound file up if you have the said record, your decks cant have been packed away if you have listened to the tune and going to have another listen to it.

I herd the tune for the first time last night and to be honest i think its great, some would disagree with me but hey we cant all like the same things can we.

I get sick n tired of reading your put downs of Ian, what have you contributed to this scene of ours ?

So come on as you have the record post it up n stop having a go at some one who has done loads for this scene, and has got more passion about what he does now as he did 30+ years ago.

.................. Sue

Hey Sue,

good to have you on this thread. I'm in the middle of a house move. My 80001 records are all in the process of being loaded onto a truck today and being moved to my new warehouse. I'll sort a sound file as soon as I get stuff sorted out...

Catch up soon

J

Social source share

Hey Sue,

good to have you on this thread. I'm in the middle of a house move. My 80001 records are all in the process of being loaded onto a truck today and being moved to my new warehouse. I'll sort a sound file as soon as I get stuff sorted out...

Catch up soon

J

jackanory.jpg

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

jackanory.jpg

No, seriously, I'm moving. I've left my flat in Trouble Towers as of tomorrow and have a house to move into away from urban centers for when the civil uprising starts and with a nice bunker in the back garden to hide away in case the civil uprising turns into civil war, or Levine's flying monkey's decide to drop around for a cup of tea...

Social source share

You know whenever Ian or James get on a thread together it just gets silly..

we have all this what have you done blah blah blah.. when did you do it blah blah blah..

I think its time they either sort out thier differnces man to man or shag and get it out thier systems..

but chasing each other round soul source has just got stupid..

it kills any thread going because it becomes about 2 people..

some times i read these threads and I think it is some sort of bullying when more people join in..

as if you were an outsider reading this thats what it would read like..

Can we move on is it possible to ban each of these people from posting on each others threads..

after all they both admit they dislike each other.. so why bother...

Social source share

Ian, what was the last super rare, monster, northern soul unknown you boasted about?

Lady Margo - Simply Got To Make It - Cynthia , wasn't it?

Is that rarer than the James Lovjoy, I wonder?

Hey, was that in the 400 count hot box as well?

There were 398 rare unknown monster northern soul records hanging on the wall.

398 rare unknown monster records, hanging on the wall....

Seriously now, I actually have heard some of Ian's unknowns - well ARE they unknowns? Who knows for definite - but I hadn't heard of any of them that he played. 6 records. All were Northern. One I didn't like, I won't say it was rubbish but it was average. The remainder were just as he said, good uptempo Northern except for one brilliant midtempo which I found on Craig Moerer and therefore it obviously isn't unknown, especially at $125. So he's obviously got the records but how can he play you anything without having the piss taken out of him when someone immediately finds one and says it's not an unknown?

Social source share

Seriously now, I actually have heard some of Ian's unknowns - well ARE they unknowns? Who knows for definite - but I hadn't heard of any of them that he played. 6 records. All were Northern. One I didn't like, I won't say it was rubbish but it was average. The remainder were just as he said, good uptempo Northern except for one brilliant midtempo which I found on Craig Moerer and therefore it obviously isn't unknown, especially at $125. So he's obviously got the records but how can he play you anything without having the piss taken out of him when someone immediately finds one and says it's not an unknown?

I wouldn't say for sure that just beause its on moerers site for $125 that it is a known record on the scene. It mat have just slipped though the net so to speak ? In fact with it being cheap that could suggest it is unknown as if it was good and known price would be much higher.

di you buy it ?

Social source share

As anyone heard the james lovejoy track?, i for one have not, in fact never heard of him till monday night

and it seems, some of the longer standing DJ's haven' t either, so that must mean something.

so i ask again, as anyone heard it, or is it rare.

its either rare or not, which is it.

Social source share

I wouldn't say for sure that just beause its on moerers site for $125 that it is a known record on the scene. It mat have just slipped though the net so to speak ? In fact with it being cheap that could suggest it is unknown as if it was good and known price would be much higher.

di you buy it ?

I would have done if I'd got the $125! Male female duet, beat ballad, big chorus - really good, honest.

Social source share

Can we move on is it possible to ban each of these people from posting on each others threads..

When have I ever ever ever posted anywhere that he has, outside of my own threads ???

I avoid him like the plague.

Social source share

As anyone heard the james lovejoy track?, i for one have not, in fact never heard of him till monday night

and it seems, some of the longer standing DJ's haven' t either, so that must mean something.

so i ask again, as anyone heard it, or is it rare.

its either rare or not, which is it.

I've heard it. Because Ian played it me down the phone. Apart from that, never heard of the record or the artist.

Social source share

I would have done if I'd got the $125! Male female duet, beat ballad, big chorus - really good, honest.

Actually, the one you're talking about was by a girl group.

I played six records to Pete Smith, down the phone, at random, after flicking though half of just one of my three DJ boxes.

Yes I kept unknowns, yes I have been collecting records on and off for over forty years, yes I have had almost everything through my hands, from Don Gardner to The Admirations to Telma Laverne, yes I still have eighty thousand records, no I don't believe "that" person has 80,001, but it's not a bloody competition.

I sold all my big valuable Northern many years ago to Tim Brown, Pat Brady, and Shifty, but I kept all the unknowns. One day some of those will also be worth a grand each, but I won't be tipping any more of them on this forum, not after this sad charade.

I shall limit my posting to discussing my own productions. Wait till you hear "Guarantee Of A Lifetime" by Lyn Jerrard. Now that really IS SPECIAL.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

When have I ever ever ever posted anywhere that he has, outside of my own threads ???

I avoid him like the plague.

Hey, you're a liar.

You have only ever posted on three threads outside your propoganda sales pitch for the DVD thing.

One of those was this thread: https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Marrsy-Barsy-t99543.html

And you lurk and can be seen on every post I make anywhere on this site :lol:

Looking forward to the Lyn Jerrard, I bet it's really special :D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I am a very sick deluded man.

You can get help. There's medicine you can take.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

And what did you think?

he already told everyone what he thought.

Pete Smith - Quoted April 22nd 2009 - "Well I have now heard James Lovejoy. It's alright, not my sort of thing, 70's 4/4 dancer with prominent piano and strings."

Social source share