James Lovejoy

I'll try and sort a sound file later, but not sure I can be arsed, it's not that special. I'll have another listen though maybe I missed something...

can you pleaese post it it would be good to hear it. thanks

Social source share

• Replies 126
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

There's still a copy on gemm.com @ $4.00 if anyone's bothered.

Damn you Gareth, I've got it in my sales box for £8, not much chance of selling it for that now! :lol:

I'll have to put it in a soul pack. 400 utterly fabulous unknown monster northern soul 45s for £400. Anyone?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Damn you Gareth, I've got it in my sales box for £8, not much chance of selling it for that now! :lol:

I'll have to put it in a soul pack. 200 great and unknown monster northern soul 45s for £200. Anyone?

I might be tempted if you could describe them as "fabulous".

Social source share

There's nothing naughty about uncovering a record, especially when someone's claimed to have discovered it as an unknown - there are very few records that are going to be unknown nowadays. Ian should have put up a sound file to start off with instead of shouting about it being unknown. And as for not being able to get a sound file on the computer Ian - you're having a laugh surely.

So, does anyone know this one here then?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

No I don't hate it - I just hate you.

Do you weeeealy, weeeearly hate me? :lol:

Oh I do hope not, because I'm your biggest fan amongst all of fandomonium :lol:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

There's still a copy on gemm.com @ $4.00 if anyone's bothered.

You're lying - I checked and there's been no trace of it either on gemm or e-bay

Social source share

It probably deserves a Trouble Remix to give it the exposure it needs to go "huge unknown northern soul"!!!! :lol:

Ian, how long do we have to wait for another of the 400? I like this game :lol:

There were 400 rare unknown records, hanging on the wall,

400 rare unknown records, hanging on the wall.

And if one rare unknown record, should accidently be in James Trouble's collection,

There'll be 399 rare unknown records, hanging on the wall.

This is absolutely horrendous!!!!.

Jayne.

Social source share

You're lying - I checked and there's been no trace of it either on gemm or e-bay

If you do a decent google search you'll find that a copy sold on eBay a month or so ago:

https://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=%2...3%B6k&meta=

And as Gareth points out there is a copy listed on Gemm (I doubt if it's still available though...):

https://www1.gemm.com/item/LOVEJOY--JAMES/T...A/GML122856117/

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Jayne.

I agree, before we know it there'll be no rare unknown northern soul monsters hanging on the wall. Where will the newies scene go when Levine's 400 monster unknown play box is empty? :lol:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'll give you eight quid for it + p&p.

Do you accept PayPal?

Sean

I've already had 7 PMs for it, you'll have to wait for me to get some more copies... :lol:

Social source share

Jayne.

Yep, and it's taught me a valuable lesson.

Next time I shall just privately play something to a few friends and not be fool enough to tell anyone on here.

Someone needs to tell my stalker that I have a hell of a lot more than 400 unknowns. That was merely the number I quoted as being in my DJ boxes, not on the shelves. I feel sorry for him as he came to this so very very late, missing out those thirty years of experience I had searching for records, prior to him being old enough to get off his potty.

Social source share

Please - someone - can we hear it make out own mind's up please?

p.s. if it's 70's, it's crap

I keep trying to play it down the phone to you, but you never bloody answer the phone.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Yep, and it's taught me a valuable lesson.

Next time I shall just privately play something to a few friends and not be fool enough to tell anyone on here.

"It's my ball, and I'm not playing anymore!!!!"

spit-the-dummy.jpg

Ian, next time copy and paste this and fill in the gaps, then you won't end up looking like a potatoe with all the talk of unknown northern soul monster nonsense:

Hi Soul-Source,

I was putting together one of my soul packs that I had just sold and I found a record I didn't know, _______________, Steve and Sue didn't know it either. Does anyone here know it? I'll try and sort a sound file if no one knows it.

Thanks for the help.

Yours sincerely

Ian Levine.

It's a shame you didn't spend some of your years learning humility and modesty, instead of becoming a class one spud.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I keep trying to play it down the phone to you, but you never bloody answer the phone.

Try putting 141 in front of his number when you dial it :D

Social source share

It probably deserves a Trouble Remix to give it the exposure it needs to go "huge unknown northern soul"!!!! :thumbup:

Ian, how long do we have to wait for another of the 400? I like this game :D

There were 400 rare unknown records, hanging on the wall,

400 rare unknown records, hanging on the wall.

And if one rare unknown record, should accidently be in James Trouble's collection,

There'll be 399 rare unknown records, hanging on the wall.

==========

even i had to laugh at this!!!

Social source share

That's a pretty sweeping and completely ill-founded slur Ian. I demand a public apology.

I typed in James Lovejoy, both spellings, on gemm, and it came up no results. I searched e-Bay and it came up no results. I googled his name and the titles of both A and B sides, and it came up no results. I then double checked on dogpile, which has the largest search engine on the web.

But as it did indeed appear to be on Gemm after all, under Lovejoy James, as opposed to James Lovejoy, so then yes I apologise for thinking you were intentionally misleading and lying.

Social source share

I typed in James Lovejoy, both spellings, on gemm, and it came up no results. I searched e-Bay and it came up no results. I googled his name and the titles of both A and B sides, and it came up no results. I then double checked on dogpile, which has the largest search engine on the web.

But as it did indeed appear to be on Gemm after all, under Lovejoy James, as opposed to James Lovejoy, so then yes I apologise for thinking you were intentionally misleading and lying.

Thanks.

yours in soul,

gareth

Social source share

don't know you bud, but, from the outside it looks to me that you are a bit obsessed with ian, as any thread headed up by him, you seem to be there. only an observation, but, if i was as obsessive about this one person as you seem to be, i would be slightly concerned.

i'd like to think were all grown ups on here (some need to act like them), and we can make our own minds up about people. i for one don't need you, chirping up every time this guy starts a thread.

it has become tiresome and boring.

so do us all a favor, and give it a rest.

its not big, and its certainly not clever.

You don't speak for me. I haven't found any of it tiresome or boring.

Social source share

You don't speak for me. I haven't found any of it tiresome or boring.

He speaks for me. I have found it extremely tiresome!.

Many people have asked James to pack it in, bugger off and have a positive input to the site elsewhere but to no avail. It's not Ian chasing James's thread's around the site

here it's the other way around.

I have heard people, many times in clubs across the land start to talk about unknowns they've found in exactly the same way Ian did with this thread.

Jayne.

Social source share

He speaks for me. I have found it extremely tiresome!.

Many people have asked James to pack it in, bugger off and have a positive input to the site elsewhere but to no avail. It's not Ian chasing James's thread's around the site

here it's the other way around.

As I have said many times, I personally don't like Country And Western, but don't go obsessively onto C&W forums to slag off their music.

Social source share

I have been criticised on these forums for not participating in other aspects of Soul Music being discussed outside of my own productions.

Read through this thread, all of you who said so, and then realise, is it truly any wonder ?????

The difference being, that I care so much about my own music that I would rather suffer through the rantings of ignorant fools rather than not post about it.

But I certainly don't give enough of a toss about unknown Northern Soul records in my collection, enough to warrant suffering even further.

I would have been glad to impart my knowledge to all and sundry on here, if the road to doing so had been free of mosquitos. But to venture on here without a rather large fly swatter is a bit like having unprotected sex with a heroin junkie.

Social source share

Just to show I can still turn them up. :D

Monster unknown Northern, :thumbup:

Nowhere in Manship's book, or Tim Brown's book, or on Gemm or on e-Bay. ohmy.gif

No trace of it anywhere. :lol:

Now I think this might be even rarer. NOBODY but NOBODY has ever heard of it before. :lol::D:ohmy:

Is it Lady Margo on Cynthia ?

Social source share

The clip that Benji put up was a pile of shit.

I wouldn't know Pete. For some reason it keeps crashing my browser - so it probably is that bad :D

Reckon this James Lovejoy of Ians is a pretty hard record though.

If his description 'Cross between Womack & Carter' is anything to go by I'd love to hear it.

Sean

Social source share

I wouldn't know Pete. For some reason it keeps crashing my browser - so it probably is that bad :D

Reckon this James Lovejoy of Ians is a pretty hard record though.

If his description 'Cross between Womack & Carter' is anything to go by I'd love to hear it.

Sean

Well I have now heard James Lovejoy. It's alright, not my sort of thing, 70's 4/4 dancer with prominent piano and strings.

Social source share