Speed Up And Slow Down

Guest kid mohair

• Replies 60
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Surely it's not the dj's fault that the person buying it never done their research before shelling out good money ... If you're gonna spend hard earned money on a tune you hear in a venue then it's down to you to find out

That's very true Davie but I'm from the old school and sometimes forget that it's the norm these days to speed up or slow down to personal taste / better dance floor audience. See, I DO understand, just don't agree. :lol:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

That's very true Davie but I'm from the old school and sometimes forget that it's the norm these days to speed up or slow down to personal taste / better dance floor audience. See, I DO understand, just don't agree. :lol:

i wouldn't say it's the norm in that most of the northern dj's are saying no whereas the biggest yes' came from myself , linda and andy who , dare i say , are part of the same 'set' having dj'd together many times :)

LONG LIVE THE CROSSUNDER !!!!

Social source share

Like playing a boot....... :D

Hey, don't change the subject. :lol:

One last thing. As a collector who, by definition, keeps his records, PERHAPS unlike DJs, who MAY WELL turn over their records to fund others they need to DJ with (and good luck to them, they are our pioneers so to speak), what happens in years to come when we all want to replay these records at home or out, do we have to remind ourselves of the pitching numbers by writing them on the cardboard sleeves for future reference? :lol::lol:

We'd be in a right muddle if we couldn't remember what to pitch them all at!!!

I know a good way, just play 'em at their intended speeds, 33rpm, 45rpm, 78rpm. :lol::lol::lol:

Right, that's it, I'm for a couple of beers and a curry. :thumbsup:

Social source share

i wouldn't say it's the norm in that most of the northern dj's are saying no

No just a few 'vocal' ones on here are saying no.

It's gone on since decks with pitch control were invented, and it will go on long after Denbo, Mark and the others are dust... it's part of the art of DJing, just like knowing when to and not to use the microphone.

Depriving someone of hearing a great tune just because it needs a slight tweak is IMHO worse than 'fooling' Denbo with the speed a track runs at on his Gramophone.

Just playing Devils advocate of course... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Hey, don't change the subject. :lol:

One last thing. As a collector who, by definition, keeps his records, PERHAPS unlike DJs, who MAY WELL turn over their records to fund others they need to DJ with (and good luck to them, they are our pioneers so to speak), what happens in years to come when we all want to replay these records at home or out, do we have to remind ourselves of the pitching numbers by writing them on the cardboard sleeves for future reference? :lol::lol:

We'd be in a right muddle if we couldn't remember what to pitch them all at!!!

I know a good way, just play 'em at their intended speeds, 33rpm, 45rpm, 78rpm. :lol::lol::lol:

Right, that's it, I'm for a couple of beers and a curry. :thumbsup:

I have + up and - down marked on certain record sleeves of mine just as a reminder, trouble is ...its if i put the right record back in the right sleeve.. :D enjoy ya curry dendo........Andy.

Social source share

i wouldn't say it's the norm in that most of the northern dj's are saying no whereas the biggest yes' came from myself , linda and andy who , dare i say , are part of the same 'set' having dj'd together many times :thumbsup:

LONG LIVE THE CROSSUNDER !!!!

Yes, it does seem more prevalent on our scene.

And by the way, what's LONG LIVE THE CROSSUNDER !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Yes, it does seem more prevalent on our scene.

And by the way, what's LONG LIVE THE CROSSUNDER !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dont tell him... :lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

No just a few 'vocal' ones on here are saying no.

It's gone on since decks with pitch control were invented, and it will go on long after Denbo, Mark and the others are dust... it's part of the art of DJing, just like knowing when to and not to use the microphone.

Depriving someone of hearing a great tune just because it needs a slight tweak is IMHO worse than 'fooling' Denbo with the speed a track runs at on his Gramophone.

Just playing Devils advocate of course... :lol:

"Just playing Devils advocate of course... :lol: " Ain't WE just. :lol:

Nowt wrong with being 'vocal' I hope? Just offering my opinion on this here Forum. :lol:

Do you know what, a slight tweak I don't actually mind but let's face it, I think I'm right in saying that there have been some rather heavier handed tweaks in the past.

Anyhow, I think we all understand now that I'm a Gramophone player and not a Technics, or such like, player and there's no point bashing heads over opinions that ain't gonna change. I like what you guys play, I wouldn't attend your spots when able if I didn't, just offering my opinion. What was the question again??? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert