Crap Piccies

Mandy

:lol: hahaha. You're not wrong. I agree with the original post too. The gallery can be a good thing but too often it's used without thought. A bit of editing wouldn't go amiss.

I wonder what the casual viewer must think of the Rare Soul scene based on the contents of the Soul Source Gallery section.

We think it impossibly cool and underground - outsiders looking at the Gallery must think it looks like a largely deserted disco for elderly mental patients taking place in a scout hut.

What a top quote - I'm having it! :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Probably not done for security.(unless they are members of some underground group...Peoples Front of Judea).

I'm guessing the ones airbrushed out, are on the sick from work.

Or up to no good with a "partner".

Or the ones who sneak out the window at night to go to a nighter!! :D

P :wicked:

Social source share

I,ll probably get hung for this but here goes ...........

Who wants to look at pictures of balding overweight middle aged old gits dancing we may have looked cool 30 years ago but now we just look like uncle Knobhead at a wedding :thumbsup:

As for baggies and circle skirts dont get me started .............arghhhhh ....time for a Magoo and a lie down .

Seconded :thumbsup:thumbup.gif:thumbup:

Social source share

When I take a look in the gallery I start off with real enthusiasm but after a while it just gets "same old same old" and I find that I'm not really taking in what I'm seeing so give up. It's probably got a lot to do with the fact that I neither know nor recognise the people in the pics as I'm very out of touch with the Northern scene as it is these days as I left it all behind before Wigan closed back in the day.

My 8 year old son who has a head full of magic most of the time sometimes takes a look with me but never for very long as he just doesn't get it at all...comments like "Jeez how old is he/she" and "Why is that place open when its almost empty" and "It's all very sad mum" and "What are they wearing"...says it all really. I try describing the history against that backdrop but it doesn't bode very well...he just shakes his head in disbelief and says "Aye right whatever..." and looks at me as if I'm bonkers. Then I do the youtube thing and it doesn't get any better I can tell you cos then all I get is "Why are they all dancing like twats" and "how long ago was all that" and "freaky music" (cos I don't play Northern at home or in the car so he's not used to hearing it) and "bunch of wide-eyed weirdos". So I don't think he'll ever be part of that "new blood" category...but I am becoming slightly concerned as he is developing a fixation with Michael Jackson...not quite at the moonwalking stage yet but give him time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

I wonder what the casual viewer must think of the Rare Soul scene based on the contents of the Soul Source Gallery section.

We think it impossibly cool and underground - outsiders looking at the Gallery must think it looks like a largely deserted disco for elderly mental patients taking place in a scout hut.

Social source share

When I take a look in the gallery I start off with real enthusiasm but after a while it just gets "same old same old" and I find that I'm not really taking in what I'm seeing so give up. It's probably got a lot to do with the fact that I neither know nor recognise the people in the pics as I'm very out of touch with the Northern scene as it is these days as I left it all behind before Wigan closed back in the day.

My 8 year old son who has a head full of magic most of the time sometimes takes a look with me but never for very long as he just doesn't get it at all...comments like "Jeez how old is he/she" and "Why is that place open when its almost empty" and "It's all very sad mum" and "What are they wearing"...says it all really. I try describing the history against that backdrop but it doesn't bode very well...he just shakes his head in disbelief and says "Aye right whatever..." and looks at me as if I'm bonkers. Then I do the youtube thing and it doesn't get any better I can tell you cos then all I get is "Why are they all dancing like twats" and "how long ago was all that" and "freaky music" (cos I don't play Northern at home or in the car so he's not used to hearing it) and "bunch of wide-eyed weirdos". So I don't think he'll ever be part of that "new blood" category...but I am becoming slightly concerned as he is developing a fixation with Michael Jackson...not quite at the moonwalking stage yet but give him time :thumbup::D

Don't worry about him Jill...he sounds very observant and completely normal to me. :thumbup:

Social source share

"when an ugly man and a mirror meet there is nothing either can do about it".

the thing is..... we are what/who we are.

if one is dissatisfied with how one looks or believes that one is still 18 then i guess one should stop looking at the pix in the gallery.

if one likes to see what this wonderful scene of ours is about (the people) then one will keep looking without being judgemental.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Mandy & other Soul sourcers

I will give you an apology in advance !

I loaded photos for the first time last night & u will be happy to know, after the trauma, it will be my very last time. :lol:

They were all named & some had quirky comments ... when they were on my laptop that is! I didnt realise it wouldnt transfer the text (probably does if you do it right).

Mandy Im sure you will know most of the people on the pics (as u do know the whole of the universe) so if for some bizzarre reason I ever get the urge to upload,bulkload,download (sounds like a stomach complaint) or watever else you have to do I will try harder next time. :P

Right Im off to cause chaos at the Southport Weekender now ! :D

Big love

Lil Ali xx

Social source share

There's always one isn't there ....... if you look at my profile and go into my gallery pictures .. there's loads .. I've just checked them out and even if I do say so myself they are all very good too to say that I was under the influence whilst taking most of them!!!

So if I understand this correctly you start a thread complaining about the quality of pictures that get posted by members, then say "oh do look at mine, they are ever so good" ?

Social source share

Or the ones who sneak out the window at night to go to a nighter!! :yes:

P :)

i was one of those escapees who climbed out of the bedroom window onto the little pelmet over the front door..( the drainpipe was a bit dodgy) until I forgot my key one time and had to knock on the door to get in... father gave me a right ticking off....just told him i was sleepwalking :thumbup:

susan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert