Crap Piccies

Mandy

I've probably got this in the wrong place but I'm sure one of the good Mods will move it ....

I often look in the gallery piccies to see what and who I'm missing by not going out so often ... but what do I get ... pictures of lots of people on the dance floor .. really good if you can recognise the back of people's heads ..or if you're even luckier .. you get the faces but the photos are sooooo dark you can't see them .. can members not check their pics before they download them so we don't have to wade through photos until we can find one that we can actually make out who or what is ...

moan over ...

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've probably got this in the wrong place but I'm sure one of the good Mods will move it ....

I often look in the gallery piccies to see what and who I'm missing by not going out so often ... but what do I get ... pictures of lots of people on the dance floor .. really good if you can recognise the back of people's heads ..or if you're even luckier .. you get the faces but the photos are sooooo dark you can't see them .. can members not check their pics before they download them so we don't have to wade through photos until we can find one that we can actually make out who or what is ...

moan over ...

Spot on Mandy :shades::thumbsup: I agree, quality rather than quantity is needed - and when posting pics, please think about your audience!

Cheers - Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

moan over ...

Have you also noticed Mandy some of the terrible mens short sleeved button down stripe shirts on display often not tucked in very scruffy and a real disgrace not to mention the trendy specsaver narrow rim glasses the Northern scene seems to favour......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Have you also noticed Mandy some of the terrible mens short sleeved button down stripe shirts on display often not tucked in very scruffy and a real disgrace not to mention the trendy specsaver narrow rim glasses the Northern scene seems to favour......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

In my Police state ... :shades::thumbsup:

Social source share

I,ll probably get hung for this but here goes ...........

Who wants to look at pictures of balding overweight middle aged old gits dancing we may have looked cool 30 years ago but now we just look like uncle Knobhead at a wedding :thumbsup:

As for baggies and circle skirts dont get me started .............arghhhhh ....time for a Magoo and a lie down .

Social source share

Who wants to look at pictures of balding overweight middle aged old gits dancing we may have looked cool 30 years ago but now we just look like uncle Knobhead at a wedding :thumbsup:

As for baggies and circle skirts dont get me started .............arghhhhh ....time for a Magoo and a lie down .

:shades: hahaha. You're not wrong. I agree with the original post too. The gallery can be a good thing but too often it's used without thought. A bit of editing wouldn't go amiss.

I wonder what the casual viewer must think of the Rare Soul scene based on the contents of the Soul Source Gallery section.

We think it impossibly cool and underground - outsiders looking at the Gallery must think it looks like a largely deserted disco for elderly mental patients taking place in a scout hut.

Social source share

Guest eggman

and then you think oh dear i look like that and i never noticed wink.gif

Social source share

even those images of dubious quality are a record of social history and and should be valued for this and not their aesthetic (or not) beauty.

i only wish i had took loads of pics in the seventies and eighties. :thumbsup:

Me too. Never ever had a camera on me. Any pictures from back then would have been treasured!

P smile.gif

Social source share

even those images of dubious quality are a record of social history and and should be valued for this and not their aesthetic (or not) beauty.

i only wish i had took loads of pics in the seventies and eighties. shades.gif

exactly Mick ! ....a picture is what the individual can see within it...a picture can mean so much to one person and naff all to another...

and why does it have to turn into a baggies slaggin thread :D .... friggin keyboard warriors.....go n' insult them to their faces... :thumbsup:

baggies pete n' circle skirt susan KTF

Social source share

I often look in the gallery piccies to see what and who I'm missing by not going out so often but what do I get pictures of lots of people on the dance floor really good if you can recognise the back of people's heads or if you're even luckier you get the faces but the photos are sooooo dark you can't see them can members not check their pics before they download them so we don't have to wade through photos until we can find one that we can actually make out who or what is

moan over ...

The photos that paying punters take and post are snapshots of a historical moment, they are the people

who take the trouble to go out and support soul events. The more the merrier and if they're not perfect

who gives a flying f**k, get over it. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not to mention polo shirts....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell in a state well Chelsea gave it to the gooners after all.

Well done Mark,and i mean that most sincerely :thumbsup: .

Only decent photos are taken by Coops.Black n white.

Unless the place is packed to the rafters,you never get a true feel of the venue.

Apart from that,it would be a good idea to post the names of the victims,sorry people.So i can avoid them.

Most look well dodgy to me with starey,scarey eyes,shirts hanging out,sweating like a gud 'un.

And the men are as bad.

Social source share

GOOD MOAN :lol:

ALSO THEY DONT PUT NAMES DOWN SO IM JUST LOOKING A PICS OF RANDOMS??? :thumbsup:unsure.gif

I WANT TO KNOW WHO PEOPLE ARE OR I CAN JUST LOOK OUT MY WINDOW AT STRANGERS FOR KICKS. :D

GET A GRIP PEOPLE

GASHER

:ohmy:

do you get many stranger pasing your window when you are several miles out in the north sea :yes:

mark

Social source share

Guest proudlove

bet your very happy m8 with chelsea winning ?

i am with leics going up

Well done Leicester,top supporters,especially the ones who stayed back at the Brit and applauded Stoke last match of last season,must have been heart breaking,but so sporting,again congrats Steve---Manchester Stokie

Social source share

Guest kerby

Well done Mark,and i mean that most sincerely :ohmy: .

Only decent photos are taken by Coops.Black n white.

Unless the place is packed to the rafters,you never get a true feel of the venue.

Apart from that,it would be a good idea to post the names of the victims,sorry people.So i can avoid them.

Most look well dodgy to me with starey,scarey eyes,shirts hanging out,sweating like a gud 'un.

And the men are as bad.

i allways take black & white . but can,t be arsed to go and ask names to put on them .

mart ( kerby )

Edited by kerby
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Lot's of fair comments. I must admit to being one of those who sometimes put's up crap piccys but in my defence i normally put them up the day after the nighter & therefore not always using my best judgment! :lol::thumbsup:

I'm proud of some of the pictures that i take though, including a personal favourite of Dean Parrish singing at Crossfire last year. I know that i'll be able to show it to my grandchildren & tell them about this fantastic music from 100 years ago! :ohmy:

post-9702-1240158676_thumb.jpg

Seems obvious to me but when you open someones album you can see a thumbnail of the picture along with whether they've put a name underneath it. If you don't like it, don't look.. :ohmy:

Social source share

I love looking at the piccies on drunken mornings and speedy Sundays - keep em coming everybody! Coops & Kerby are the snapmeisters obviously, and I do try to put names on all of mine Mandy, but sometimes I just take pictures of people I don't know because I like their dancing or the fellas are good looking or they need an immediate raid by the fashion police...

When I do show any of the pics to my friends outside the soul scene, the consistent comment is 'Why is everyone bald?' :lol:

Twice as many people on here look at pics of girls compared to pics of boys, have you noticed? :ohmy:

Next time I see you out Mandy, we'll make sure that everyone's name is printed on their T-shirt, both back and front, and that they pose properly for well-lit tableaux shots which are perfectly labelled afterwards... :thumbsup:

Social source share

I love looking at the piccies on drunken mornings and speedy Sundays - keep em coming everybody! Coops & Kerby are the snapmeisters obviously, and I do try to put names on all of mine Mandy, but sometimes I just take pictures of people I don't know because I like their dancing or the fellas are good looking or they need an immediate raid by the fashion police...

When I do show any of the pics to my friends outside the soul scene, the consistent comment is 'Why is everyone bald?' :unsure:

Twice as many people on here look at pics of girls compared to pics of boys, have you noticed? :unsure:

Next time I see you out Mandy, we'll make sure that everyone's name is printed on their T-shirt, both back and front, and that they pose properly for well-lit tableaux shots which are perfectly labelled afterwards... :lol:

HI T,

us baldies need the solar panel because we last allnight ha ha !

Social source share

When I do show any of the pics to my friends outside the soul scene, the consistent comment is 'Why is everyone bald?' :lol:

Twice as many people on here look at pics of girls compared to pics of boys, have you noticed? :unsure:

Next time I see you out Mandy, we'll make sure that everyone's name is printed on their T-shirt, both back and front, and that they pose properly for well-lit tableaux shots which are perfectly labelled afterwards... :ohmy:

i don't put names to my pix because i don't seek permission to publish them from each individual and a person may not wish to be named at a venue for what ever reason he or she wishes. i do, however ask promoters if it's okay for me to take pix at their venue.

i have three people who have asked me not to publish pix of them on the internet so if they get in the background of an image i'll either 'air brush' them out or not post the image.

like you tereasa i think kerby's pix are spot on at capturing 'that moment in time'. :unsure:

Social source share

Thanks all for the comments .. thought I'd get slaughtered for the post!!!

I never mentioned putting names on piccies though, don't care about names as I can never remember them anyway after a couple of strongbows :unsure:

Theresa.... you bring the cellotape and I'll bring the name badges and permanent marker pen :unsure:

Social source share

moan over ...

Can you post some pictures that you've taken at NS venues, that would give us a benchmark

on the quality standard that we could aspire to, many thanks in advance................... :unsure:

Social source share

i don't put names to my pix because i don't seek permission to publish them from each individual and a person may not wish to be named at a venue for what ever reason he or she wishes. i do, however ask promoters if it's okay for me to take pix at their venue.

i have three people who have asked me not to publish pix of them on the internet so if they get in the background of an image i'll either 'air brush' them out or not post the image.

like you tereasa i think kerby's pix are spot on at capturing 'that moment in time'. :unsure:

or you could airbrush some punters in to make it look busy :unsure: .

Social source share

Guest marge

Lot's of fair comments. I must admit to being one of those who sometimes put's up crap piccys but in my defence i normally put them up the day after the nighter & therefore not always using my best judgment! :ohmy::g:

I'm proud of some of the pictures that i take though, including a personal favourite of Dean Parrish singing at Crossfire last year. I know that i'll be able to show it to my grandchildren & tell them about this fantastic music from 100 years ago! :D

Seems obvious to me but when you open someones album you can see a thumbnail of the picture along with whether they've put a name underneath it. If you don't like it, don't look.. :thumbsup:

I love yours, Coops and Kerby's pictures - yours are great because you always put a comment to describe them , always makes me laugh what you write underneath the picture! Somehow you always manage to capture the overall flavour of the night, so keep uploading!

Jim from Sweden takes some fantastic pictures, I wish he'd bother to bring his camera out more often and post up, he's got a brilliant eye for capturing a moment, but he's always too pre-occupied dancing, can't blame him for that I guess...

Social source share

i only wish i had took loads of pics in the seventies and eighties. :thumbsup:

totaly agree coops me old mate but i didnt think you could remember the 70s lol

Social source share

Lot's of fair comments. I must admit to being one of those who sometimes put's up crap piccys but in my defence i normally put them up the day after the nighter & therefore not always using my best judgment! :ohmy::g:

I'm proud of some of the pictures that i take though, including a personal favourite of Dean Parrish singing at Crossfire last year. I know that i'll be able to show it to my grandchildren & tell them about this fantastic music from 100 years ago! :P

Seems obvious to me but when you open someones album you can see a thumbnail of the picture along with whether they've put a name underneath it. If you don't like it, don't look.. :thumbsup:

Actually Kylie I love the photos that you put up BECAUSE you take the time to put names to faces. In fact I've learnt the names of people I've known and chatted to for years and years on the scene but was too scared to ask 'What was your name again' :D .

I look at the gallery to spot people I know but also to see what the vibe is like at some of the clubs I'm thinking of supporting that I've never been to. Feel cheated when people post up photos of just people without showing what the dance floor action was like.

I adore the old Wigan photos coz they take me back. Wish I had some photos of me and my mates from that era. Anyone with old Wigan, Yate etc featuring the Gloucester crew would be much appreciated.

Keep snapping girl - me and the other aging, knobheads salute you.

Cheers Warren

Social source share

and why does it have to turn into a baggies slaggin thread :ohmy: .... friggin keyboard warriors.....go n' insult them to their faces... :thumbsup:

baggies pete n' circle skirt susan KTF

Sorry if you took offence if you can get away with baggies fair play to you I know that if I wore them now I would look like Spongebob . :g:

But they say you look great in a circle skirt Pete :D

Social source share

like you tereasa i think kerby's pix are spot on at capturing 'that moment in time'. :thumbsup:

Good security point made.

P :ohmy:

Social source share

Can you post some pictures that you've taken at NS venues, that would give us a benchmark

on the quality standard that we could aspire to, many thanks in advance................... :lol:

There's always one isn't there ....... if you look at my profile and go into my gallery pictures .. there's loads .. I've just checked them out and even if I do say so myself they are all very good too to say that I was under the influence whilst taking most of them!!!

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

There's always one isn't there ....... if you look at my profile and go into my gallery pictures .. there's loads .. I've just checked them out and even if I do say so myself they are all very good too to say that I was under the influence whilst taking most of them!!!

I've just checked them out too. See my handy tips in the post above. (Well you did start this!) :lol:

Social source share

Good security point made.

P :lol:

Probably not done for security.(unless they are members of some underground group...Peoples Front of Judea).

I'm guessing the ones airbrushed out, are on the sick from work.

Or up to no good with a "partner".

Social source share

Probably not done for security.(unless they are members of some underground group...Peoples Front of Judea).

I'm guessing the ones airbrushed out, are on the sick from work.

Or up to no good with a "partner".

i only wish i could tell you the reasons but then people may just guess who they are so i'll have to take this secret to me grave! :lol:

Social source share

Sorry if you took offence if you can get away with baggies fair play to you I know that if I wore them now I would look like Spongebob . :lol:

But they say you look great in a circle skirt Pete :lol:

sorry too... i can get a bit "touchy"..... old age yer know.. :thumbsup:

i see Susan hi-jacked my loggin again lol.... good job she does not know how to post pictures ... eeeek :lol:

pete.. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert